Stack
      SB:
      $99.00
      Hero:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $50.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 7:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $1.00.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, 3 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3.00) Q:club: , T:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($3.00) A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP2 calls $3.00, SB folds.

River: ($9.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, MP2 calls $6.00.

Final Pot: $21.00

What is the best way to play this, please?
      Thanks,
      Tim
  • 4 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      In a 3way pot your 7 is often beaten by a higher club. I would checkfold(maybe call minraise) river.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      In a 3way pot your 7 is often beaten by a higher club. I would checkfold(maybe call minraise) river.
      +1
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Against most players you will find that you are beat when you get too much action on the turn and river. Only against very loose players will you be able to bet your hand stongly for value on two streets. Versus tight-passive types you will often valuetown yourself.

I prefer to play these weak one card flushes from behind and check the turn with the hope of betting the river myself or check/calling a couple of streets versus over-aggressive players since these guys would have often semi-bluffed the flop IP with a big :club: .

You could even make a smaller bet on the turn (1/3ps ish) as a means of extracting value but this can get tricky if you get raised.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      Against most players you will find that you are beat when you get too much action on the turn and river. Only against very loose players will you be able to bet your hand stongly for value on two streets. Versus tight-passive types you will often valuetown yourself.

I prefer to play these weak one card flushes from behind and check the turn with the hope of betting the river myself or check/calling a couple of streets versus over-aggressive players since these guys would have often semi-bluffed the flop IP with a big :club: .

You could even make a smaller bet on the turn (1/3ps ish) as a means of extracting value but this can get tricky if you get raised.

Well Said, Thanks :)

1-card Flushes other than K, A are mostly worthless in terms of active Aggression

- Gerv