Save a friend from...

• ShadowOfLight1337
      Bad BRM.

My friend won 300$ through a MTT and a few SnG's and then turned to regular cash games.
      When I found out, I was like, "Oh! Good for you. What tables do you play at?"

Snap-answer "NL50"

I folded... my hands and said. "Dude, 6 BI, that's crazy! You'll go broke in a week, max."

He's like, "Yeah, yeah, those guys fold so easily, and when I do have a hand and they re-raise me I get paid off."

At this point, I had nothing to say...
      I know it was none of my business, but it is kinda sad seeing a friend throw away 300$ thinking he'll get even more luckier.

So... Do you guys have friends like these? I mean... I feel sorry for them. I mean, they are fishes, and they are our food, but I feel sorry for him :f_mad:
  • 9 replies
    • alejandrosh
      you can only say I told you so after he loses his money. I learnt about BRM the hard way , I guess is the only way to see how important BRM is (that or , reading articles and stuff before playing :D )
    • yaxkukmian
      Or he's a good swimmer and he'll survive it. :f_biggrin: I once played with stupid brm but it worked out well and learned my lesson without losing br.

You can't do anything to persuade him not to do that, believe me. Friend of mine was chatting with me, calling me while I was playing with few BI but my response was somewhat similar to his:"I'm playing cautiosly, don't worry."
    • excelgeo
      it isnt crazy if he is shortstacking

and maybe he will still make it you never know.

i give it 75% he will talk to you in one week telling you he has 800 and in one month telling you he went down to 100.
    • NightFrostaSS
      Meh, one dude just turned 100$ into 65k in a week with 6bi brm playing OMAHA, so it's not like total financial suicide, just very high risk. But obv if he never played cash before, he'll go broke soon.
    • Berzerger
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      So... Do you guys have friends like these? I mean... I feel sorry for them. I mean, they are fishes, and they are our food, but I feel sorry for him :f_mad:
      Actually, I'm doing the exact same thing, and it's working out so far. If your friend starts learning the game and improving quickly, he just might build up a big roll in a matter of weeks. Unless it gets to his head and he starts playing NL100 with the same BRM of course.
    • kingdippy2008
      Yes well ofc 6 BI is crazy, however if he is a good player and he only plays 1 table then 6 BI could be sufficent. However when he has to move down he willl hit problems because he wont want to.

The only lesson you can teach is when he is broke imo :/

• ShadowOfLight1337
      I can assure you that he will not learn. He'll just play the way he likes to play. Like he's seen on TV...

I don't think he even knows what are outs >_>

Ok, well maybe he knows what are outs, but he's not a very good player.
    • Wizard101
      I have 2 friends exactly like this, one rolled up to $3000 in the last few weeks running really hot in mtt's. However he breaks brm all the time and is always tells me hes making continuous deposits. It breaks my heart, having to graft, when hes donking his way to much more money, but it will all even out. I like to think that while i make a short stream of continous profit, he will constantly make a bigger deficit, then gets lucky once in a while....only time will tell lol
    • shivas80
      The only way you can teach him is to sit at his table and win his money :)