Results:
      Final pot: $14.1

played this hand too passive i think

comments on all streets would be appreciated
  • 6 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It is very difficult to comment on such a hand in an informational vacuum.

For instance, if BB is capable of playing top-pair random kicker for his stack then you should have raised at some point to have gotten all the money into the middle without an overbet.

If BB is a tough player then you don't want to be playing for stacks (although BB is a bit short-stacked) with your one-pair hand as the only time you'll get action for your bigger bets and raises is when you're beat.

As played and without reads:

Flop fine. If you raise here and BB re-raises you are in trouble.

Turn fine. You have one-pair and a draw to the nuts. You don't want to play a huge pot just yet nor do you want to fold-out a possible Ks-x.

River. BB's small bet on the end is a bit strange and without a read just calling can't be missing too much value.

Nice hand.

Just having a few stats on villain can often help enormously in the decision-making process.
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      from my limited knowledge of nl i also like the hand, for the same reasons nunki pointed out.
    • NicoM
      NicoM
      Bronze
      Sorry but I don't really agree with that Nunki.

FLOP:
      First of all you have to protect your pair against the FD. So I would bet here 8$ (3*$2+$2.1=$8.1) so villian will not get the right odds for the draw.

TURN:
      If then the spade comes you will most propably get checked to and you can take your free card and hope another spade comes giving you the nutflush.
      A bet would not be the right play imo because u want to see the river cheap and what will you do if you bet here and get a reraise?

RIVER:
      1. If the spade comes you will make your value bet.
      2. If no spade comes I would call a small bet, if the odds are right. If no bet comes from villian, you could give it a little value bet when you think you are ahead. If you are not sure, just check and see who has the best hand.
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      I would play the flop and turn similarly, throw in a value raise to $7 on the river and fold to a push. Villian's action tells me he wants to see a cheap showdown. You will see KQ KJ calling 75% of the time.
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      raising the flop puts us in trouble when he has a strong made hand as we will lose a lot of money and i think he is way more likely to have a two pair/set than a FD.
      Lets assume we would lose only the 8$ in case he has a better hand and win the pot when he has a FD. He would then have to have the FD 66% assuming he folds to the big raise. This in my opinion is way too optimistic.

From a conceptual stand point one thing that beginners often dont do well is analysing hands in terms of hand ranges. You say that the flop raise is great against a draw which it certainly is, but it does horribly when we are behind, losing us extra money and for 8$ we will often be able to see turn/river card when we relatively often dont have the best of it and also do have position, giving us the ability to make sure money goes in when we want it.

River could be a small raise, but overall i think the difference is very marginal and would depend on some reads, but i think a raise somewhere between 5-7$ sounds good as well. Not sure myself.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by Blinzler
      raising the flop puts us in trouble when he has a strong made hand as we will lose a lot of money and i think he is way more likely to have a two pair/set than a FD.
      Lets assume we would lose only the 8$ in case he has a better hand and win the pot when he has a FD. He would then have to have the FD 66% assuming he folds to the big raise. This in my opinion is way too optimistic.

From a conceptual stand point one thing that beginners often dont do well is analysing hands in terms of hand ranges. You say that the flop raise is great against a draw which it certainly is, but it does horribly when we are behind, losing us extra money and for 8$ we will often be able to see turn/river card when we relatively often dont have the best of it and also do have position, giving us the ability to make sure money goes in when we want it.

River could be a small raise, but overall i think the difference is very marginal and would depend on some reads, but i think a raise somewhere between 5-7$ sounds good as well. Not sure myself.
      I totally agree.