[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH, 9Ts Flushdraw in multiway pot.

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

On the flop I didnt want to bet because of the amount of opponents, I can be check-raised very often on such boards. After we checked down the flop and a couple of guys checked the turn, I thought that it is OK to make a delayed c-bet, as any good hand from my opponents would have bet for protection on the flop. I got one caller, then cought my flush but didint put him on something really strong so made a pretty small value bet.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.85)
      BB ($9.65)
      UTG ($21.40)
      UTG+1 ($34.42)
      Hero ($29.25)
      BTN ($23.25)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.85, BB calls $0.75,

FLOP ($4) A:diamond: 8:club: Q:diamond:

check, check, check, check,

TURN ($4) A:diamond: 8:club: Q:diamond: 4:spade:

check, check, Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3, SB folds, BB folds,

RIVER ($10) A:diamond: 8:club: Q:diamond: 4:spade: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6,
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you get check/raised 4-way on an A-high flop that usually means you're beat with you T-high flushdraw anyway so having to fold the worst hand is not really a problem. The major problem here is that you can't ever expect all of them to fold so your semibluff is not going to be very effective, i think checking is fine.

On the turn you've got the same kind of problem except :

* You a now fairly certain that SB&BB don't have anything worth betting, BUT you still can't be sure they won't call a bet from you with like Qx or another flush draw.

* There are less risks of the size of the pot getting out-of-control.

* The board texture hasn't changed but there is only one card to come for you to improve.

Given all that i don't think checking nor betting is a mistake on the turn as long as you know what you're doing if you get action.

The river is fine, you didn't bet the turn to just check your flush once you hit it and BU more likely doesn't have much, anything close to 1/2 pot will do.

Hope it helps.