[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH, KQ vs aggression on the Turn and river

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      Usually I dont play such hands so loose, but my opponent forced me to play like that. He was acting very aggressively at that time, and what seemed important to me, his AF on the river was 4, while on other streets It was 1.6 or less . His VPIP is 87 in 40 hands.
      I won that hand. He had J2s. But maybe I really overplayed my hand?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.15)
      BB ($17.75)
      Hero ($27.40)
      UTG+1 ($23.80)
      CO ($23.84)
      BTN ($26.35)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:heart:

Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.75,

FLOP ($2.15) 5:club: 2:heart: 8:spade:

check, check,

TURN ($2.15) 5:club: 2:heart: 8:spade: Q:diamond:

BB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $5.15, Hero calls $4.15,

RIVER ($12.45) 5:club: 2:heart: 8:spade: Q:diamond: 7:diamond:

BB bets $11.60 (AI), Hero calls $11.60,
  • 2 replies
    • CrippleAlex
      CrippleAlex
      Bronze
      In my opinion, read and funny move against donks are better than math etc ...

NH :s_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

KQo is perfectly fine to open UTG. Unless you noticed that this guy never folds anything on the flop (like he peels with overcards for example) you can likely c-bet that board, it's hard for him to hit anything given his vpip of 87%.

As played on the turn you need to make a decision when you hit TPTK, as like you said this player seems very aggressive on later streets probably regardless of his hand, so your can't really use his actions to determine whether or not you're good with TPTK.

I personally don't think you can fold this hand against him, he could also have a Q or just random crap he's going nuts with because you showed weakness on the flop. So I'd raise the turn bigger planning to go all the way with it. Since you're not really afraid of anything coming on the river, just calling the turn to let him hang himself with his aggression is a good line, you can't fold the river anymore once you choose that line.

Hope it helps.