[NL20-NL50] Nl25 SH, AJ Tptk.

• Firehoper
      Firehoper
      Bronze
      My opponent was a pretty good player, seemed like he tried to float me once before. He's 28/17/2.2

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.20)
      BB ($12.51)
      UTG ($8.25)
      UTG+1 ($15.30)
      Hero ($26.95)
      BTN ($35.02)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $1, fold, BB calls $0.75,

FLOP ($3.15) J:diamond: T:heart: T:spade:

check, Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2, BB folds,

TURN ($7.15) J:diamond: T:heart: T:spade: 3:diamond:

check, BTN bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50,

RIVER ($16.15) J:diamond: T:heart: T:spade: 3:diamond: J:club:

Hero bets $9.25, BTN folds,

Hero wins $15.35
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Try to include the number of hands you have on the players in their stats, it's important.

Preflop and flop are standard.

On the turn you choose to put him on a float following your read, so c/calling is fine.

On the river it's a tough spot if he's a good player, because once you c/call the turn your hand pretty much looks like exactly what you have to him, or maybe maybe an overpair.

* If you bet you very often have a J, so he probably won't call without a J himself, and since you put him on a float to begin with that will barely ever happen.

* If you check he probably won't try to bluff you as he knows how strong your hand is, unless he somehow puts you on an overpair and tries to represent a T or a J. He might also think he can value bet Tx if he has one (which is unlikely) and get you to call with those overpairs.

Overall i think you're very unlikely to get any more money out of him no matter what you do, but i think c/raising that river is your best option. He will probably never call the raise with worse than a J but hey, you never know and this pot will probably cap the rake anyway.

Hope it helps.