This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 SH 99

• Dante04
      Dante04
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Graj rękę

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $38.82
      BU(Hero):
      $44.31
      SB:
      $28.16
      BB:
      $27.80
      MP3:
      $17.06

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 2, 3, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $4.31, Hero calls $3.06.

Turn: ($10.72) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.72) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.72.

V: 18/15/5.3 3bet 6% 160h
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think the flop is standard, he could have a flush draw with 2 overcards, some overcards with or without a wheel gutshot, a lower overpair, and less often a bigger overpair, probably never a set. Unless you have reason to believe he would stack off with worse made hands here i don't think you wanna get it in on the flop with just 99 so calling is fine.

When he checks the turn he is mostly giving up, you can either make a decent bet to protect against all sorts of draws+overcards or you can keep the pot small and see a river. The later choice will prove to be easier to play in most cases.

The river blanks out and he checks again, i think he has nothing the overwhelming majority of the time, plus he has to know you've probably got an okay made hand when you bet/call the flop, you can't really expect to get called by anything worse really. Especially if your image is taggish he'll expect you to 3bet a big flushdraw on the flop, so you can't really represent a missed draw by betting on the river even when you checked behind the turn. Checking behind the river is fine imo.

Hope it helps.