$44.31
      SB:
      $28.16
      BB:
      $27.80
      MP3:
      $17.06

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 2, 3, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $4.31, Hero calls $3.06.

Turn: ($10.72) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.72) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.72.

V: 18/15/5.3 3bet 6% 160h
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think the flop is standard, he could have a flush draw with 2 overcards, some overcards with or without a wheel gutshot, a lower overpair, and less often a bigger overpair, probably never a set. Unless you have reason to believe he would stack off with worse made hands here i don't think you wanna get it in on the flop with just 99 so calling is fine.

When he checks the turn he is mostly giving up, you can either make a decent bet to protect against all sorts of draws+overcards or you can keep the pot small and see a river. The later choice will prove to be easier to play in most cases.

The river blanks out and he checks again, i think he has nothing the overwhelming majority of the time, plus he has to know you've probably got an okay made hand when you bet/call the flop, you can't really expect to get called by anything worse really. Especially if your image is taggish he'll expect you to 3bet a big flushdraw on the flop, so you can't really represent a missed draw by betting on the river even when you checked behind the turn. Checking behind the river is fine imo.

Hope it helps.