The deadly blinds

• Arquetal
      Hello all,

I'm wondering, I've tried a bit of the SSS. It seems too me, I'm playing much much tighter than everyone else at the microlimits. So tight, in fact that paying the blinds is my biggest leak.

I'd guess the real downside to playing this tight is that my table image is just so TAG, everyone would fold. However at these limits the jokers are happy to call practically every hand to the showdown.

I'm not losing money though, I'm breakin even. But still, that's not what I want, breaking even.

Who has something for me to improve profit?
  • 2 replies
    • Stefan1000
      The best thing you could do is quite simple.

There are 3 keys to success. No matter if it is SSS or Fixed or whatever.

Read the articles over and over again. Especially for the ShortStack Strategy you have the best content around the SSS here at PokerStrategy. There is no other site or book that is covering the SSS like we do.

And this one is a great bonus for everybody at the english PokerStrategy site. We have the luxury that our SSS coach 'Alaton' is probably the worlds best SSS player, i don't know anybody else playing it that good. Alaton is coaching every Tuesday and Sunday. Have a look at our coaching schedule!

Post sample hands. The best way we can help you is when you show us some hands you played. In your case you should also post some hands in the blinds or hands you folded where you think you could have played them.
    • bl1nd
      Well i was having the same problem and i made some tweaks to the SSS strategy i use a little higher buy in and i play the hands in the extended chart of SS and also some other hands that arent there like suited connectors... JQoff JToff instead of top 20 hands i play top 30

And that have worked pretty well i have been playing 1 and a half day going from 50$ to 80$ not bad i guess and i even had a downswing and lost like 14$ and recovered...

Also using poker tracker and pokerace hud is like another whole world.... u can spot rocks and calling stations right away and when the avg VP$IP of a table is lower than 20 i leave that table