NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($27.59)
      UTG ($25.40) 20/20 over 30hands
      UTG+1 ($9.97)
      CO ($29.77)
      BTN ($28.31)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.85, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.85, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, UTG calls $2.65, fold,

FLOP ($7.95) Q:spade: J:club: T:diamond:

Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6,

TURN ($19.95) Q:spade: J:club: T:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero bets $7.75, UTG raises to $15.90 (AI), Hero folds

i am kinda commited but i dont think i never have enough equity vs his raising range. can i play it differently so i dont lose 3/4 of my stack?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Without better reads or stats, a decent 3bet calling range UTG vs squeeze will 100bb effective stacks probably looks like :

{ 99+, AQs } (i'm assuming he would 4bet AK, which also has you crushed on the flop)

That's not really a good range to be up against, make sure that guy is loose enough from UTG for you to be able to make him fold some hands when you squeeze in that spot.

If you're not messing around much he might also call with some stuff like 98s-KQs or smaller pocket pairs figuring that

1) BU is gonna come along especially if he's bad, and those hands play great multiway.

2) Your range here is strong because you don't squeeze light very often, so he has implied odds to crack your hand.

Against { 22+, AQs, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, AQo } you're a 2:1 favorite on the flop, but the only worse hands who are gonna at least call your c-bet, if not raise it, are 99 and KQs, both with an OESD. Still you can't really c/f the flop with top pair after squeezing without sending the message that you are a squeeze monkey who won't follow up postflop, which is mostly bad for you. You can c-bet smaller tho, $5 or $5.5 is plenty.

On the turn against { 99+, AQs, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, AQo } you only beat KQs and you're a 41:59 dog. If you check to him he probably won't bet a worse hand ever on that board, which means that as hard as it is to accept, trying to make it to showdown and folding to any bet is probably your best option imo.

Hope it helps.