[NL20-NL50] NL25SH 56s vs reg

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($46.13) 28/22 2af 28wtsd 55w$sd, 36%steal, 2.7khands c/r river 20%(25h)

BB ($27.60)
      Hero ($26.77)
      UTG+1 ($26.49)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($53.60)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 5:club:

fold, fold, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2,

FLOP ($6) 2:club: Q:spade: 3:heart:

check, Hero bets $4.50, SB calls $4.50,

TURN ($15) 2:club: Q:spade: 3:heart: 4:heart:

check, check,

RIVER ($15) 2:club: Q:spade: 3:heart: 4:heart: 4:club:

check, Hero bets $9, SB raises $38.67 (AI), Hero ???

my stats are 15/13 9%3bet, 25wtsd 56w$sd. we have some history with villain. he knows i am pretty straight forwarded player and he is always trying to be tricky - c/raises and etc but always when he is sure he is with the best hand otherwise he folds. can i fold straight ?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hey Silent,

Happy to see you again.

-What's his AFr comparing too AFt and AFf? (20% c/r river is kinda high)
      -What's his 3bet calling pf%, Did you see him calling 3bets with small PP before?
      -Why did you check turn? What did you put him on when you check?
      -What do you think he puts you on when he checks and then when you check?
      -What can he c/r river with?

I think the turn is a good spot to second barrel, do you agree and if so can you give me the reasons.

I think that the discussion would be more interesting if you answer my questions first.
      So I'm waiting... :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he thinks you're a straightforward player that means he'll expect you to fold whatever you 3bet him with to a 4bet unless it's QQ+/AK. To me that means he can and will often flat KK+ in that spot, maybe even QQ, probably way more often than he will flat 22/33 given those are also less likely from a combinatorial point of view on the flop comes. He will play those hands the same way postflop on a Q-high board.

I would personally bet that turn, if only to show him i can have a strong hand when i fire again after a c-bet. Even if you think he's messing with you, you're probably better off letting him bluff raise the turn rather than checking behind hoping he donks the river, you gain more money this way i believe.

As played when you don't bet the turn you're basically telling him that you are pot controlling with some hand you probably don't want to stack off with. Either that or you have nothing. Either way the best play for him if he has top pair beat is to check the river to you hoping you'll bet it so he can shove, giving you great odds to call with all your range.

So you have :

* Great odds to call.

* A strong hand which you underrepresented by checking the turn.

* Some history making him likely to do that with worse hands or even maybe as a bluff.

* Your image to maintain for future blind battles, you can't let him think you can be nitty enough to fold for those odds on the river.

* Some metagame value in showing down 65s, that will get him thinking that you can do anything with any hand when he tries to steal your BB.

I'm not folding here.

Hope it helps.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hi Maya, later when i am on PC we can discussed this hand. nice to see you

about the hand...i called ofcourse :D ..and i saw QQ
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      Hi Maya, later when i am on PC we can discussed this hand. nice to see you

about the hand...i called ofcourse :D ..and i saw QQ
      Hey Silent, looking forward to doing that.
      Tamairlarace and I discussed about this hand, we both agreed you should call even thought I expect too see there a boat more often then KK+.