Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $25,75
      Hero:
      $29,33

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:spade: , A:spade:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 2:club: , A:diamond: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $3,50, Hero calls $3,50.

River: ($12,35) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $6,50,

The reason for calling preflop is because he was giving up pretty much after c-betting the flop. Maybe I should've folded on the turn, since I was planning on just floating him. I was definitely checking behind the river.

Anyways, would this be a good spot on the river to bluff him? Or is he treating a runner-runner flush as too unlikely so he would still call with his hands?

The opponent seems pretty good to bluff, TAG, low WTS....

And yeah, these kinds of bluffs are normally things I don't do, but why not try some time...
  • 2 replies
    • CrippleAlex
      CrippleAlex
      Bronze
      Originally posted by koaesica

The reason for calling preflop is because he was giving up pretty much after c-betting the flop
      Your answer is there, you know that he gives up pretty much after CB, but now he does a second barrel, you are beaten, trying to bluff him will cost you too much.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As CrippleAlex said, you called specifically because that player gives up too much on the turn, so once he fires again you have to know your TPNK is probably no good.

As for bluffing the backdoor flush, he's probably more likely to have it then you are since he's representing an A and the Ah is unaccounted for. Well maybe not when he only bets 1/2 pot on the river, but with the Ah in his hand he's probably not going to believe you for the flush. Plus that player who doesn't bet without a hand just 3 barreled this board, so i don't think he's in a folding mood, you would need to have seen him make big folds before to try and make a move there imo.

Hope it helps.