quitting

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      hey guys

i thought id let you all know i am quiting poker. i have had the worst 4 days in my life and i can't win a single hand. i am not here for any sympathy i am just letting you know i am quiting. no point playing the game if i lose every single hand ahead, i understand there is a % they get lucky but they get lucky on every hand. its too unreal. anyway peace
  • 19 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      swongs are one thing.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      it was a swing for the majority of my roll which is not natural
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      4 days is not a downswing though. 4 days is variance.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      225 - 140 i dont really see thats variance
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      4 days is not a downswing though. 4 days is variance.
      This^
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      ive gone from 550 to 400 in 2 weeks playing nl10 and mtts around $1-4. imo ur just tilting. Have a break. Get away from poker, then come back fresh and try again. Gl wateva u do.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Ive gone from 50-20 in 3k hands :)

Then again, that was using SSS :]
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      I said to myself I was quitting many times, and actually "quit" one time. Fortunately I came back.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      dont give up! that means u get eaten by FISH! you are a shark! Keep on playing and u will eat the fish that took your money before!

stick to your strategy, dont think about the money - so u dont tilt and hold your cool. You will win!

maybe take a few days off and read a few articles and watch a few session review videos?

never give up! :f_cry:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      dont give up! that means u get eaten by FISH! you are a shark! Keep on playing and u will eat the fish that took your money before!

stick to your strategy, dont think about the money - so u dont tilt and hold your cool. You will win!

maybe take a few days off and read a few articles and watch a few session review videos?

the fish eat me because fish are more lucky than sharks. fish always hit their draws, fish always hit there low pairs, etc
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS

the fish eat me because fish are more lucky than sharks. fish always hit their draws, fish always hit there low pairs, etc
      That's stupid thinking... :s_mad:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      They are not more lucky, they just get in bad more often and naturally suck out more often too.
      Anyway, if you decided to quit, it's you choice, goodluck. :)
    • imson0ob
      imson0ob
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS

A :s_grin: wouldnt give up so maybe you are noy one :(
    • agelisgr
      agelisgr
      Bronze
      play some live poker,and u will be amazed how good u play ;) .Online is........
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Everyones had a downswing, when you play thousands of hands, like you do in poker, the very small %'s that a fish will suck out x amount of times in a row does happen. I had a $600 roll and went to $300 in about 2 days. Running $200 under EV and then when not getting sucked out on running into A's, it happens.

Take a breather, relax, get back in there and play your A game. I'd recommend looking at the strategy articles on tilt! If you really cant handle it then maybe poker isn't the game for you!

Good luck and hope you get back out on the tables!
      dadude
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Everyones had a downswing, when you play thousands of hands, like you do in poker, the very small %'s that a fish will suck out x amount of times in a row does happen. I had a $600 roll and went to $300 in about 2 days. Running $200 under EV and then when not getting sucked out on running into A's, it happens.

Take a breather, relax, get back in there and play your A game. I'd recommend looking at the strategy articles on tilt! If you really cant handle it then maybe poker isn't the game for you!

Good luck and hope you get back out on the tables!
      dadude
      Got to agree here, I got screwed over pretty steady for alll my profits over
      200 SNGS that I had made during like 800 SNGS of the same buy in, str8
      downswing getting it in ahead every time or losing every flip, the standard stuff,
      I had kings I knew I was going to see aces as I was shoving but...

Taking a break fixed it for me, and trying something new to keep it fresh.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      ive gone from 550 to 400 in 2 weeks playing nl10 and mtts around $1-4. imo ur just tilting. Have a break. Get away from poker, then come back fresh and try again. Gl wateva u do.
      I agree, it's probably tilt... I went from 4.5K to 2.9K in a week playing NL100... it wasn't a downswing though, I was tilting... :f_frown:

@OP: I found that most of my really big downswings were tilting issues, as soon as you understand that and start to see the big picture, the game will become a lot more profitable and fun to play.

But if you want to quit, that's your choice.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      downswings feed on tilt and your bankroll. don't quit just relax and play when you are ready.

if you decide to quit do it because you don't like the game, or don't have time, but not because a fish got lucky :f_mad:
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      you actually are looking for sympathy, do what these guy say. it has to work.
      there is no heaven without hell