Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $79,95
      Hero:
      $28,30

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:club: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU folds, SB raises to $3,25, BB folds, Hero calls $2,40.

Flop: ($6,75) Q:diamond: , 3:diamond: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,75, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $6,75

is call preflop ok?
      what plan should I have post flop? I mean I can't play just for setminig?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That guy seems very active, you can likely defend with 99 here against his range. The only problem is that he seems aggressive enough to fire some barrels postflop with air.

You're calling with the basic plan of never folding a set and at least floating the c-bet to get to showdown on boards that are unlikely to help this villain ( T32r, 642r, scary stuff for him like 876ssd etc). If he fires multiple barrels without a read just dump it on the turn.

As played on that monotone flop with 2 overcards it can go both ways, either you fold on the flop or you call the c-bet hoping to make your 4-flush and check it down to win against worse made hands while the action is frozen. I'd probably just fold, he's aggressive enough to try and represent the flush, not to mention he could have a higher diamond himself.

Hope it helps.