This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Amazing downswing... but im an optimist

• Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      Good afternoon ya´ll... This is my first post and for the first time id like to report on my downswing and perhaps insanely bad luck.

The other day i started on my downswing and it was managable with my bankroll until it really started to hurt. So i played more games until suddenly i signed up for one more sng so quickly i didnt look at the screen because my girlfriend was yelling at me and suddenly i noticed im starting a 78$ sitngo !!! Needless to say the players were far beyond my level and i ended up in third place.

That took out huge piece of my bankroll but today im more optimistic and i believe i will win that back eventually.

Any words of wisdom ?
  • 7 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      get rid of the girlfriend if she is yelling at you while you are playing poker... that's definitely -EV^^
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      wow, how much was your BR when signed for the 78$?

try to grind back again. The unique way to get out of this is studying+playing+reviewing how are you playing.

read the articles, watch coaches, post sample hands...

we're to help each other =D
    • k0praonu
      k0praonu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gunnimar
      Good afternoon ya´ll... This is my first post and for the first time id like to report on my downswing and perhaps insanely bad luck.

The other day i started on my downswing and it was managable with my bankroll until it really started to hurt. So i played more games until suddenly i signed up for one more sng so quickly i didnt look at the screen because my girlfriend was yelling at me and suddenly i noticed im starting a 78$ sitngo !!! Needless to say the players were far beyond my level and i ended up in third place.

That took out huge piece of my bankroll but today im more optimistic and i believe i will win that back eventually.

Any words of wisdom ?
      3rd place is usually ITM in SnG's.
    • Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      Sadly it was 6 ppl sitngo so no prize for third place :/
    • Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      My bankroll was roughly 320$

So yeah it took out a huge bite out of my bankroll! Im kinda paranoid now when i sign up for sng
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      so wasn't a downswing. =/

keep grinding and everything will be ok.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      imo when you lose a big amount, you lose fear and can start playing better(bit more aggro).
      Its not wrong to make mistakes, as long as you learn your lesson =)