Amazing downswing... but im an optimist

• Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      Good afternoon ya´ll... This is my first post and for the first time id like to report on my downswing and perhaps insanely bad luck.

The other day i started on my downswing and it was managable with my bankroll until it really started to hurt. So i played more games until suddenly i signed up for one more sng so quickly i didnt look at the screen because my girlfriend was yelling at me and suddenly i noticed im starting a 78$ sitngo !!! Needless to say the players were far beyond my level and i ended up in third place.

That took out huge piece of my bankroll but today im more optimistic and i believe i will win that back eventually.

Any words of wisdom ?
  • 7 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      get rid of the girlfriend if she is yelling at you while you are playing poker... that's definitely -EV^^
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      wow, how much was your BR when signed for the 78$?

try to grind back again. The unique way to get out of this is studying+playing+reviewing how are you playing.

read the articles, watch coaches, post sample hands...

we're to help each other =D
    • k0praonu
      k0praonu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gunnimar
      Good afternoon ya´ll... This is my first post and for the first time id like to report on my downswing and perhaps insanely bad luck.

The other day i started on my downswing and it was managable with my bankroll until it really started to hurt. So i played more games until suddenly i signed up for one more sng so quickly i didnt look at the screen because my girlfriend was yelling at me and suddenly i noticed im starting a 78$ sitngo !!! Needless to say the players were far beyond my level and i ended up in third place.

That took out huge piece of my bankroll but today im more optimistic and i believe i will win that back eventually.

Any words of wisdom ?
      3rd place is usually ITM in SnG's.
    • Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      Sadly it was 6 ppl sitngo so no prize for third place :/
    • Gunnimar
      Gunnimar
      Bronze
      My bankroll was roughly 320$

So yeah it took out a huge bite out of my bankroll! Im kinda paranoid now when i sign up for sng
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      so wasn't a downswing. =/

keep grinding and everything will be ok.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      imo when you lose a big amount, you lose fear and can start playing better(bit more aggro).
      Its not wrong to make mistakes, as long as you learn your lesson =)