Transferring money

• Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      I'm about to move my BR from Pacific to FullTilt. Because of the comission and some other reasons I would like to avoid transferring money to my rl bank account. What is the best option to do the transfer... like using Paypal or something similar. An virtual bank account where I can transfer money on.

If there is already a thread concerning this matter feel free to point me there. :)
  • 15 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i think most pokerplayers use moneybookers
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Any tips on that? I have never used that before and would like to know if there is something to know... :)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I use Neteller, but recently started using Entropay. Entropay is like a virtual visa card, you just load it with cash and you can use it to deposit like a regular visa.

You can also ask someone with a FT account who you trust to transfer the money to you, and transfer the money to him on another site (e.g. Pacific) where you have money. If necessary in steps of x% per transfer.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Entropay sounds interesting......when you withdraw from a site, does it work the same as putting the money back on your visa (ie. withdraw using your 'virtual card' number?)
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Imo moneybookers is the best u can use.
      Easy to use,really fast and trust worthy
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      1 vote to moneybooker
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      what sort of fees are attached to these sites (netteller, moneybooker). I'm looking to move some money to a new site, but never had to withdraw or deposit before.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      I use Neteller, but recently started using Entropay. Entropay is like a virtual visa card, you just load it with cash and you can use it to deposit like a regular visa.

You can also ask someone with a FT account who you trust to transfer the money to you, and transfer the money to him on another site (e.g. Pacific) where you have money. If necessary in steps of x% per transfer.
      yeah i have transfered money to someone i met online and they ttransfered it to me on disired room.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      what sort of fees are attached to these sites (netteller, moneybooker). I'm looking to move some money to a new site, but never had to withdraw or deposit before.
      I have never used netteller, but for moneybookers there is no fee when moving money around between pokersites. Only time there is a fee is when you are withdrawing to a real bank account etc. But you can move money from site a->moneybookers->site b for no charge.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I use neteller, and there is no fee for transfers. The catch is, before you can withdraw from any site to neteller, you have to have made a deposit from there first. I think it is the same for all withdrawal options from all poker sites though.

So you have to open a neteller, and probably moneybooker, account with a deposit from your own funds, then make a small deposit to the site you first want to withdraw from. After that it is easy.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      So you have to open a neteller, and probably moneybooker, account with a deposit from your own funds, then make a small deposit to the site you first want to withdraw from. After that it is easy.

That's how moneybookers work his right.first a deposit and then u can cassh out,but its worth imo.And the fee for withdrawing to a bank account is 1.75euros,
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      So if I get this right - there is no way to use these services unless I deposit my own money first?
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berkstajger
      So if I get this right - there is no way to use these services unless I deposit my own money first?
      Usually the poker rooms will require this for ALL withdrawal options (expect maybe cheque). It means that if your account gets hacked it's not so easy for someone to withdraw all your money.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Let's say i have 600$ on pacific.
      If i'll deposit 50$ with moneybookers will i be able to withdraw those 600$ from pacific without wagering 5000$?
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Let's say i have 600$ on pacific.
      If i'll deposit 50$ with moneybookers will i be able to withdraw those 600$ from pacific without wagering 5000$?
      Every site will be different. I know I withdrew from Titan with a simple minimum deposit and no wagering.