This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My worst bad-beat ever

• purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just wanted to post this since it is my worst bad-beat ever, so here it is:
      It was pretty early in a big mtt. Around 10% of the field had been eliminated. I was doing well and luck was on my side. With the starting stacks at 1500 chips, I was up to 6000. There was a guy at my table that had around 8000. He was not a very good player at all. He would almost always limp in preflop and bluffed far too often. So, I was dealt 9 8 in the big blind. This other player limps in from the cutoff. Everyone else folds, and I check.
      The flop comes 6c 8c 9c. With two-pair, I made a pot-sized bet to protect against the numerous possible draws. The guy calls. The turn is the Qc. I sigh and check. He also checks. The river is another 9, giving me a full house, and I am very happy. I bet a third of the pot, hoping that he will pay me off with a flush. He immediately makes a big raise. I go all-in, thinking that he probably has the ace high flush. He calls. His cards? 10c 7c. He had flopped the straight flush. Just like that, my tournament was over.
  • 2 replies