who in this world is lucky enough to cash in mtts

• 19 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i cashed in a 30k player MTT today despite not playing a single hand and not even opening the poker software. EZ game
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      i cashed in a 30k player MTT today despite not playing a single hand and not even opening the poker software. EZ game
      Was that the full tilt freeroll? May i ask what not participating was worth with the cash? Either way, very EV+
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I also played the $20k Full Tilt Freeroll last night.

I finished 1,244 from 30,005 entries earning $1.60, but I was playing solid TAG play the whole way through and it worked a treat.

Sure I got lucky sometimes and unlucky sometimes, but my style is that I never push all in early on so that you always allow yourself a possibility of coming back. Actually busted with a monster in the end, it happens.

Several sitouts just managed to reach the first cash level which from memory was 20cents or something, but this is unusual in tournaments from my experience.

Keep reading the strategy guides and watching live coaching sessions, you will soon pick up how to play each stage of the tournaments.

Good luck,

Bart
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i won $0.60
    • lenka12345
      lenka12345
      Bronze
      My big slick got cracked by pocket fours
    • master10001
      master10001
      Bronze
      I won $208 in a mtt once.. Was a MTT with 741 and a buy-in of $3.3

Got kind of lucky in the beginning and had some bad luck at the end :(
      Finished 3rd, but could have won it easily..Were some major bad-beats in the end

Thusfar it was the first and last time :D
    • Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      I while back i came 1st in a 24$ tourney with 734 entrants, scooping just over 3k!!! However, apart from one other similar tourney where i cashed 3rd for just over $1500 thats it...my advice...mtt's are just too high variance....you really need to be seriously rolled to be able to cope with constant beats with the eventual hope that in one of those tourneys, your luck holds out. If you've not got the brm to cover it, leave it well alone...though thats just my perspective on them.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      short term mtt is pure luck , even the king of fish and lord of donks can final table a mtt.

long term is different, mtt has huge variance so you need to play a lot to actually see your true ROI.

btw. half of my roll has been won in mtts :D but still don't have enough sample to see my ROI :f_confused:
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      He is
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I'm lucky enough to win an MTT!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      He certainly is

oh and me too:D , but not quite as much as him!
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      He certainly is

oh and me too:D , but not quite as much as him!
      They certainly are

oh and me too :D , but not quite as much as them!
    • Jazzy8James
      Jazzy8James
      Bronze
      Hi,

Im a kind of MTT grinder, and i can tell u that is surly possible...
      i play a 2%BRM started with 300 dollar and after just 220 MTT in 29 days i have 758$ with a ROI of 35% and even it is small stake(1-10$) it is possible to build bankroll with only MTT.
      i`ll happy to post my Graphs if u tell me how can i upload a pics here:)
      so if u R a patiant guy and can play solid poker u can cash in mtts.
      yesterdays stat:
      21 game-7 cash-2final table and a win!

soo dont lose ur faith. just love what u are doing!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jazzy8James
      Hi,

Im a kind of MTT grinder, and i can tell u that is surly possible...
      i play a 2%BRM started with 300 dollar and after just 220 MTT in 29 days i have 758$ with a ROI of 35% and even it is small stake(1-10$) it is possible to build bankroll with only MTT.
      i`ll happy to post my Graphs if u tell me how can i upload a pics here:)
      so if u R a patiant guy and can play solid poker u can cash in mtts.
      yesterdays stat:
      21 game-7 cash-2final table and a win!

soo dont lose ur faith. just love what u are doing!
      Wow, thats a pretty impressive ROI Jazzy, congrats.

It's always nice to hear of members doing well in tourneys as most people naturally tend to do cash tables/sng's.

Are you doing out and out (unrestricted) mtt's or the sng variants, e.g. 45/90/180 player entries etc?

Bart
    • Jazzy8James
      Jazzy8James
      Bronze
      thx for the question:)

i do mainly big mtt 90% and Sng mtt 30 about 5% and Double up sng 5% at the beginning i played more DUP but rake was killing the profit.
      so i stick to the MTTs
      and i find very usefull artickles here, so i improved my game a lot!

Keep posting Sng and MTT videos , i like them a lot!
      :D :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_biggrin:
    • Deckard33
      Deckard33
      Bronze
      My brother is in the money about 35% with regular wins. He plays the same three tourneys a day with between 150 and 400 players. He has notes on most of the regulars and although we generally have a similar strategy, he has alot more patience than me.

Took him about a year and x? buyins to reach this level but now is way +ev.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I was in a $100 PartyPoker freeroll last night and came 10th out of 1,890 entries. Only earned $1 and finally got knocked out with AKs pre flop, all in and someone with A9o called and got a 9 on the flop.
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Check out the dates on first 3 tourneys (screenshot is from another thread):
      they were all late night $2 rebuys, with around 50-60 people in each one

Unfortunately, after my last biggest cash, some withdrawals, and a current downswing, I do not have a comfortable bankroll for playing MTT's, so I'm grinding SSS until I can get a decent BR ($150-$200), currently at $100

But yes, proof that it can be done reasonably consistently!! :s_biggrin:
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      I almost never cashed at MTTs untill I learned to have the ballz to start playing agressive on the bubble to acumulate chips.

Actually right now I am making way more profit playing SnGs, and I don't win cause of loose calls from loose fish, but because I put pressure on the weak tights on the bubble and usually get ITM as chip leader => result=my 1st place finishes at SNGs are almost equal to the sum of my 2nd and 3rd place finishes.

$6 Turbo SnGs at Fulltilt that is tho, not like I'm playing high stakes lol..