Should I move up to NL25?

• dirtttttt
      dirtttttt
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I received my starting capital 11 days ago and since then I managed to reach 152$. I want to point out that I played poker before, mostly live poker. Since i got my BR I played only SSS (2 tables so that i can learn and analize my game well) and thanks to the articles, videos, and mostly XARRY2 I understand how SSS works and can now adjust my play to every single player (even if there are lots of fish at NL10). Despite all of this I did make some mistakes and made some bad calls and also had a lot of bad beats ( like loosing with AA vs AA)

My player statistics are as follow: VPIP 13 PFR 9.5 WTSD 35 W$SD 60 AF 1.57 AFq 39.9 3BET 3.16 FOLD TO 3BET 78 FOLD BB to STEAL 82.9 FOLD SB to STEAL 89

My goal is to reduce the gap between the vpip and pfr and to never have to call.

This is the graph ( i didn't use PT3 from the beginning:

30 of the hole 152$ are bonus so the winnings i made of my own are 72 $.

As you can see i have a total of 6300 hands + the ones i made before using PT3 (wich i don't think is a lot)

So having this in mind:
      1) what is your opinion should i move up a limit or wait untill i make 100$ of net winnings (no bonus involved).
      2) Some opinions on my player statistics.

Best regards,
      Dirtttttt
  • 6 replies
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      I don't think 6.3k hands is a lot, but if you were just 2 tabling, then I'm guessing it might have taken some time for you to get those 6.3k hands.

I'unno. My advice would be move up when your comfortable and when your BRM allows it.
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      I took a very profitable shot at NL25 after hitting $140. Just set yourself a stop loss target say 3 BI ($15) and if you hit the ground running your good to go. if not just drop back down and recoup.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Same for me, just try to find an ideal table with loose players and no shortstackers and you should be able to make a smooth transition. The really important thing is that you don't go on tilt if you loose a couple of buyins and just return on NL10 to rebuild your stack slowly.
    • rcoudene
      rcoudene
      Bronze
      You know it's not because you take a shot at NL25 that you have to go broke if things go wrong :D
      I'd say just go ... Maybe 1 NL25 / 1 NL10, if you want to keep playing 2 tables only.

Good luck at the tables.
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      another thing

I use LongHUD from the pokerstrategy.de web site. Its not an official PS app but it contains the PS starting charts.... the great thing about the app is that it turns the monetory values into blind values.... so if you're sitting on two tables at different levels it still reads that your sitting with 20BB instead of $2 for NL10 and $5 for NL25

hope that makes sense
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi Dirtttttt,

Like you said, you gap between PFR and VPIP is too big and you should be aiming to close it.

Also like others have said, 6.3k hands isnt a big enough sample size for anything.

However you can always take shots at NL25 and like someone said have a 3 BI stop/loss limit. If it goes well you gain more buyins for the limit and you can continue, if not then you just grind it back up and repeat the process!

Good Luck,

Jack