This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How swingy does FL tend to be?

• AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      I've just been learning FL in the last month and making good progress....i've hit a bit of a downswing over the last 3-4 days and was just wondering how swingy FL usually is? I've made some mistake that have cost money, but just interested in what constitutes a normal variance for people who have been playing for longer.
  • 2 replies
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      We would need a graph too really comment on your situation. But my guess is that you've been enjoying a nice upswing the last month. Downswings that are 1000's of hands or more should be expected and happen frequently. Check out the blog section if you haven't already.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      The following are Standard Deviation per type of game:

FR 10-12 BB / 100 hands
      SH 15-18 BB / 100 hands
      HU 22+ BB / 100 hands

Standard deviation goes up with more agressive / tought game where you start include semibluff or bluff raises as well as A high calldowns to catch 3 barrels bluffs.

As how it is swingy... well I manage to loose and win about $1 000 2 times last month on $2/4... the down was as well caused by suboptimal play or tilt after heavy losses :( .

Now I will be recovering from the third $1k loss :( .

You can have a look in this thread as well
      Variance in Fixed Limit Holdem

Regards

TTT