SweetCamil's Poker Journey

• SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Hi =)

I'm Camille from the Philippines and I just started playing poker this May of 2009. Hmm... I'm currently a student and a part time model, because I'm also enrolled at John Robert Powers (modeling school).

I don't usually spend money just to play poker but my friends do give money to play poker specially in live cash game :D . My friend just refer me here and gave me the chance to grab a free $50 bankroll after passing the quiz.

It's my first time to play an online poker and I'm currently playing at CakePoker, but I think CakePoker hates me because when I win and my bankroll is at $50+ it always make me lose :( Right now my bankroll is $10 and still have a playing $5, that's my situation in CakePoker.

I remember getting my br to $60 from $30 and the next day it made me lose $28. Yesterday From $6 I made it to $52 but today I only have $10 left ;(

Anyway that's all for now, looking forward to have some friends here who will give me advice in playing poker. Thanks Camille
  • 45 replies
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      6 to 52? ...

Ummm... What kind of stakes are you playing at? Because going from 6 to 52 in one day at the stakes you're SUPPOSED to play at is quite hard if not nigh impossible.

Same applies with losing those huge chunks of money in matter of days.

Don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling that you didn't bother to read any of the strategy material and let your friend do the quiz for you. Again, no offense, I'm just making assumptions based on what I see here. So...

Do you know what bankroll management means?
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      I play at $.05/$.10 table blinds. Well the $6 are the one that was left in my bankroll but I have $10 playing at $.05/$.10. So I have $16 total.

The $10 went up to $36 after beating several players with all-in situation so that's the story of my $6-$52 bank roll.

I do read some of the article given here in PokerStrategy still I'm new here so I haven't read them all. The quiz is a bit easy for me because I know the quiz is all about playing tight, I have been in some tournament and played it as tight as I can so I took the quiz but I failed then read the article and passed the quiz.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Oh ok, then I guess you deserve a sorry on my part.
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      It's oooookie! =) Here I'll give you a hug =) *Hugs ShadowOfLight1337
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Argh! I have $10 starting chips then after few wins I got $17 then it went back to $10 then went up again to $14 then went down again to $8 then after few hands I manage to make it to $15 now it went down to $10 argh!!!!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      make sure you're following the BRM articles, otherwise you'll be broke in a couple of days
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      @Kruppe

OMG! I should be playing in .02/.04 blinds not in .05/.10! Thank you so much Kruppe =)
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Good afternoon from the Philippines =)

Just finish my photoshoot and I really enjoyed it! Here's one of the photos that was taken earlier. Errr.. I don't look good at that pic but I love this one I don't know why ?(

After some few hours I'll be playing online poker and wish me luck guys =)
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      I get a feeling that this blog would get traffic surges from guys from now on... :D

What strategy do you play SweetCamil? SSS or BSS?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi SweetCamil

Hopefully you've switched on to the correct BRM now and are preparing for the grind! It will take some focus to stick to the correct limits and work your bank roll up, but there is plenty of essential information to work through in the articles on the site.

Don't forget too that you can post any hands you are unsure of in the sss hand evaluation forums here.

Originally posted by kenthmp
      I get a feeling that this blog would get traffic surges from guys from now on... :D
      I think you're right there too kenthmp... it really is an important lesson playing with the correct BRM. :f_p:
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      @kenthmp

I tried playing SSS but I got broke after 8 buy-ins so I'm doing the BSS. In BSS I play loose player for a start and eventually play as "trapper" (don't know if it's the poker terminology) and manage to get some quick cash after my opponent bets knowing I got pair or drawing :D

@Waiboy

I'm trying to stick on the BRM but I'm a patient person when it comes to waiting for a good starting hands but for the winnings I feel impatient because I only get $1+ in $.02/$.04 blinds :baby: but in $.05/.10 I manage to get $10 of winning =)

Yet when it comes to losing it really hurts my BR when I lose in $.05/.10 blind ;(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SweetCamil
      Yet when it comes to losing it really hurts my BR when I lose in $.05/.10 blind ;(
      This is the essense of BRM... poker is variance heavy, no matter what your skill level. Bank Roll Managament (BRM) is a mechanism to avoid going busto WHEN variance kicks you in the backside. So even if you are playing the fishiest limit at NothingButFishyFishPoker.com you can and almost certainly will go bust not using BRM.

If you want to play higher limits then deposit a chunk of cash and go from there, but playing above your bank roll is a road that ends in Bustoville, population 10,000,000. :f_biggrin:

In any case, best of luck! and BTW nice photo. :s_cool:
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      @Waiboy

That's my problem as of today :evil: right now I'm playing at the lowest blinds since my BR has only $20 left :( but the $.05/$.10 blinds is really tempting me :D but I can still manage to stay at the $.02/.04 blind but I don't know when :f_biggrin: .

[quote]Originally posted by Waiboy
      In any case, best of luck! and BTW nice photo. :s_cool:
      Thank you for the luck! I really need those :)
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      @kenthmp

Hi kenthmp! I read again the SSS about three times and applied everything. I always go in $.80 as my stack (which is the smallest buy-in) and raised or re-raised if I 70%+ chance of winning.

After I get $1.60 in my stack or more I always leave the table and look for another one. Right now after playing about an hour or more I have a total of $5 of winnings :D
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      After playing several table and playing SSS I got $9 and lose $7 so I called it a day =(
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Sweet helloo from SweetCamil =)

I'm playing right now at $.05/.10 impatient strikes back!

Anyway I want to post this picture a friend of mine sent it to me and I was AMAZED! :f_love:

At first I doubt it was me, but when I looked closer it is me! Hahaha :D
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Got inspired on kingdippy2008's blog, I'll play better and MANAGE my Bankroll
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Got inspired on kingdippy2008's blog, I'll play better and MANAGE my Bankroll
      YAY! You just took a MASSIVE step forward! :s_cool:
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Ok like what I said yesterday, I'll promise to myself that I'll play better and MANAGE my bankroll. Here are some information about my "almost" broke bankroll and I'll try to do my best to bring it back to $50 and climb my way to the top.

Bankroll: $10 ;(

hmmm... I think that's all the information that I can say for now. Wish me luck guys :D

Here's my limits:
      $120 - $.05/$.10
      $300 - $.10/$.20
      $400 - $.25/$.50
      $1200 - $.50/$1
      $3600 - $1/$2
      $7200 - $2/$4

So my goal this year is to reach the $.25/$50 blinds =)