This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 85h SB - TP

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $51.70
      BB:
      $18.75
      UTG:
      $60.35
      MP3:
      $10.92

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 5:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.00) 5:diamond: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.50) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($4.50) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Final Pot: $13.50

Whats the best way to play this and why?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I don`t know the "best" way to play it but usually in multiway pots tp no kicker is a one street hand for me. Either I bet it out on the flop/give up to further action or just give it up if there is action in front of me.

In this spot I would just fold flop. I`m oop and even with just a minbet I can`t expect to improve that much , you`re not even sure you have outs here so you almost never improve. I guess if you really like your hand you could raise / fold flop but I prefer just to let it go. There are a lot of fishes who try to lure you into the pot by minbet/minbet/pot line with nuts.
    • InsidiouZ
      InsidiouZ
      Bronze
      Just fold it on the flop. You got a weak hand in a multiway pot on a drawheavy board. Its no use to continue play.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet/fold flop for value
      - players would call with worse hands
      - you´re often aehad
      - you don´t have to be guessing and c/c someone down

When I b/f flop and someone calls depends on my reads I´m going to b/f again or c/c or c/f, depends if I think that someone can float on that board and then bet/call with worse hands

when still someone calls, then I´m going to c/f river, since I don´t expect worse ahdns to bet very often
      when I c/c turn, then I decide on my reads if I want to c/c river or c/f river

as played: c/f river is better lien than calling him down