[NL20-NL50] 85h SB - TP

• TheBrood
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 5:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.00) 5:diamond: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.50) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($4.50) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Final Pot: $13.50

Whats the best way to play this and why?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      I don`t know the "best" way to play it but usually in multiway pots tp no kicker is a one street hand for me. Either I bet it out on the flop/give up to further action or just give it up if there is action in front of me.

In this spot I would just fold flop. I`m oop and even with just a minbet I can`t expect to improve that much , you`re not even sure you have outs here so you almost never improve. I guess if you really like your hand you could raise / fold flop but I prefer just to let it go. There are a lot of fishes who try to lure you into the pot by minbet/minbet/pot line with nuts.
    • InsidiouZ
      Just fold it on the flop. You got a weak hand in a multiway pot on a drawheavy board. Its no use to continue play.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d bet/fold flop for value
      - players would call with worse hands
      - you´re often aehad
      - you don´t have to be guessing and c/c someone down

When I b/f flop and someone calls depends on my reads I´m going to b/f again or c/c or c/f, depends if I think that someone can float on that board and then bet/call with worse hands

when still someone calls, then I´m going to c/f river, since I don´t expect worse ahdns to bet very often
      when I c/c turn, then I decide on my reads if I want to c/c river or c/f river

as played: c/f river is better lien than calling him down