ty pokerstrategy

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      whilst i was initially doubtful, the friendly people on this forum helped make me take the plunge and am very glad for that!

however there is one issue, i have $1 in my partypoker account but the rest is secured yet i can still use it, anyways thats not the problem.

the service has been great on pokerstrategy's part though i can't say much for partypoker.

firstly, being a sng player, i found that the choices were limited ie $1 and $3 entry only with 20% of it being rake ie $2.40 towards pool and $0.60 as rake, for $3! (though they do not explicitly say this, you can calculate it)

another more pressing issue is how fast the blinds go up (every 3mins)! and also the fact that for $1 entry sng only has 10 players. there is less opportunity to make use of skill.

i am regretting using partypoker, i guess i may have to try and adopt the ring games. when i went to check the cashout policy, i found that a bank transfer would charge a fee of $3 too... which would no doubt impact a beginners bankroll!

i would have chosen pokerstars but i already had an account on it, i very much enjoy pokerstars software (the lobby is neatly presented with info being easy to find unlike partypoker) not to mention the endless variety of sng compared to the latter.

anyways... end of rant.

better start reading ring game strategy!

my thanks goes to you guys anyway!
  • 7 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      is there anyway i can switch to a different platform whilst keeping my bankroll of $50?
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      hey!

welcome, Shortfuse.

Just to answer the last question: as i noticed you received your initial capital at party poker. So you have the 50$+100$ to clear.

Unfortunatelly, you can't move this bank roll to another room until you clear the first 50$(than the money will be yours) and make a deposit(most of the rooms require this first deposit in order to let you withdraw.)

I think it's better to clear the bonus playing ring games, even considering the difficulty to colect points at lower limits.

sorry if miss anything, feel free to ask more, me or other one will help you for sure.

regards,
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      thanks for your reponse!

I WOULD LIKE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS HAND I HAVE AA

Seat 1 is the button
      Total number of players : 10
      Seat 3: Vic_aces ( 5,930 )
      Seat 8: HERO ( 6,970 )
      Seat 5: faizzy ( 3,060 )
      Seat 2: frdrgn31 ( 3,515 )
      Seat 6: givmedolla ( 2,940 )
      Seat 10: jimmyboy443 ( 2,910 )
      Seat 9: julesaaa ( 2,910 )
      Seat 4: kmskeo ( 3,215 )
      Seat 7: richnick999 ( 2,930 )
      Seat 1: turnstyl3 ( 2,550 )
      Trny: 46496512 Level: 2
      Blinds(30/60)
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to HERO [ As Ad ]
      kmskeo folds
      faizzy folds
      givmedolla folds
      richnick999 folds
      HERO raises [240]
      julesaaa folds
      jimmyboy443 folds
      turnstyl3 folds
      frdrgn31 folds
      Vic_aces calls [180]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, Tc, Jc ]
      Vic_aces checks
      HERO bets [240]
      Vic_aces calls [240]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
      Vic_aces checks
      HERO bets [615]
      Vic_aces calls [615]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
      Vic_aces bets [1,110]
      kmskeo: must be bottom left or double click it in the reguister area
      HERO folds
      Vic_aces shows [ 4d, Qc ]high card Queen.
      Vic_aces wins 3,330 chips from the main pot with high card, Queen.

the only thing in my view that i did not do too well was flop bet was too small. anything else?

oh and can i ask how do i make the table pop out when it's my action because on partypoker it just sticks to the bottom of the screen and flashes it doesn't pop out itself!
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      PARTYPOKER IS FUKIN CRAP I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT I CANT FIND THE TABLE INFO I NEED THE SOFTWARE AND EVERYTHING SUCKS.

I EDITED PREFERENCES THEN IT TOOK 10 MINS TO CHANGE AND IN THE MEANTIME IT WOULDNT LET ME PLAY ANY HANDS I AUTOFOLDED, WHEN I CLICKED 'I AM BACK' IT DIDN'T WORK

OMFG I HATE THIS JUNK I WANT POKERSTARS!!!!!!! ARGHH I HATE PARTYPOKER SO MUCH
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello shortfuse and welcome again,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with PartyPoker, you are indeed right about the lower limit SNGs being limited in variety & high in rake. PartyPoker sadly only offers Turbo and Speed SNGs and these are hard to play profitably due to the extremely high rake. I would therefore advise ringgames until you have the BR to afford to play SNGs with 10% of the buy-in.

Although it is too late now, another option aside from PokerStars would have been Full Tilt poker - where you also have good SNG traffic. Sadly it is not possible to transfer the starting capital once you have already received it. You would need to clear your 300 PartyPoints - at which point you could cash out the money in order to re-deposit it somewhere else such as Full Tilt (where you could use one of our many first deposit codes; http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/)

Until then I hope you can get the most out of our many strategy articles in order to perfect the format of your choice ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello shortfuse and welcome again,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with PartyPoker, you are indeed right about the lower limit SNGs being limited in variety & high in rake. PartyPoker sadly only offers Turbo and Speed SNGs and these are hard to play profitably due to the extremely high rake. I would therefore advise ringgames until you have the BR to afford to play SNGs with 10% of the buy-in.

Although it is too late now, another option aside from PokerStars would have been Full Tilt poker - where you also have good SNG traffic. Sadly it is not possible to transfer the starting capital once you have already received it. You would need to clear your 300 PartyPoints - at which point you could cash out the money in order to re-deposit it somewhere else such as Full Tilt (where you could use one of our many first deposit codes; http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/)

Until then I hope you can get the most out of our many strategy articles in order to perfect the format of your choice ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
      thanks for the info, i've been forced to play ring games instead

and tbh ITS FUKIN AWESOME YOU CAN WIN SO MUCH DOLLAR DOLLAR BILL YO!!! LOL
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      when uit does come time to move your money, instead of going through your bank, use someone like moneybookers or netteller where you can move money between poker rooms without charges.