Moving up to low limits. What can i expect?

• 11 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      6.5$ is fish central ^^

There will be some regulars, few good regulars

Play ABC sng poker, sure way to succes :)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yeah I wouldn't expect much change. I've played up to $20 and never run into a significant number of good players.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      im playing 26$ right and they are beatable ... but you need to adapt ... but i think that 6,5$ is just fish heaven so it should be no problem
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Thanks everyone.

Maybe now i can use the resteal charts. Because on the lower limits thats impossible to steal one raiser, they are always ready to go all in when he open raises.

May i expect to find some weak-tight players who give up easily from their blinds? Or this players are usually on the higher limits?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      fok resteal charts... 6,5$ is donk fest... just play value poker... good hands play agresive for value and that is all you need... there are not many thinkings players
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Ok. What about the weak-tight players question?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      steal a lot
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Yeah, this is typically a great place to play pure value poker... I don't bother restealing too wide because idiots call loose, but value shoves and good solid play will get rewarded nicely at these limits... you'll get regs... but any good reg won't be at this limit for too long...

Good luck
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Well, today i played 2 sets.

Every table there was a regular. In one table, there was 3 :s_mad: I took a look at sharkscope, and they all are huuge winners, with $10k+ profit. What hell they are doing at these limits?

Anyway, i spot a lot of donks, but even these donks are more tight in average. I see a lot of action with KKxAA. Now i dont know if its profitable to go all in with AK or QQ against unknown at the early phase. What do you think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00+$0.50 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG (t5440)
      MP (t1500)
      CO (t1555)
      Hero (Button) (t1395)
      SB (t1170)
      BB (t2440)

Hero's M: 18.60

Preflop: Hero is Button with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      1 fold, MP bets t150, 1 fold, Hero raises to t450, 3 folds

Total pot: t375

Whats the best thing to do here? Raise like i did or call it and see the action postflop since we have position?

On the lower limits this is definitly a raise or even a push, but here i dont know.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I usualy cc this preflop, unless one of you is shortstacked
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      as others said, play only for value, EXCEPT at the bubble, at $5 and $6.50 even donks start to care a little bit about the result, and regulars are weak-tight by definition(all micro stake regulars are weak tight), so it becomes profitable to go loose agressive at the bubble to acumulate chips and have bigger chance for more first place finishes. That is the only thing that you can profitably change in your game when moving to $6 IMO.