$1.60
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $18.65
      SB:
      $10.10

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.4, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.70) 3, 8, A (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO folds, BU folds, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9.6(All-In), SB calls $6.60.

Turn: ($20.90) 6 (2 players)

River: ($20.90) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.90.

Results follow:

SB shows three of a kind, eights (8 8)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (A K)
      SB wins with three of a kind, eights (8 8).

So I rly felt like a set but I just couldn't lay down. (Nothing else he can rraise the flop?!)
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without reads, he might raise a worse Ax or a flushdraw depending on his tendencies and how he perceives your c-bet into 3 players. I doubt he's bluffing ever.

If you know he's bad enough to stack off with a worse top pair or with a flushdraw here then 3betting is fine. If you don't and he looks like a tag, you're probably better off either bet/calling the flop and check/folding the turn or simply folding to his flop raise, as 3betting right there will often isolate you against sets only against most players.

Please hide the results next time and try to say something useful about your opponent, like some stats if you have them or simply if he's playing a lot of hands, almost no hands at all, if you've seen him make some weird plays, things like that to help us help you :)

Hope it helps.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      If I have no reads, I fold these TPTK hands. They have here too often set or twopair. Have lost quite much money playing TPTK like nuts...
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      yeah if hes a TAG im probably folding to the flop 3 bet. but ive seen loose players stack off with FDs and weak aces in these spots. so tough to lay down.

if hes loose im definitely calling the re raise and taking a look at teh turn, maybe get away from a 3rd heart and trying to check call bricks depending on bet sizing.

but like i said before if hes a TAG its a set most of the time.

AK is so hard to play sometimes