$10.00
      BB:
      $11.45
      MP2:
      $7.95
      MP3:
      $13.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.5, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.15) A, 2, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.55) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80.

River: ($6.15) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.10, BB calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $10.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (Q A)
      BB shows two pairs, aces and nines (K A)
      BB wins with two pairs, aces and nines (K A).

(Shouldn't I value bet???)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Again hard to say without reads. The flushdraws won't call you again so that leaves Ax 9x and maybe Jdxd.

* Most tags won't ever a call third bet on the river unless they have like exactly AQ/AK, since better hands like AJ and sets would probably have raised you on previous streets and busted flushdraws aren't calling anymore.

* Loose passive players would never fold any Ax, 9x or Jx so value betting would be clear on most rivers, but thin on this one given that Ax/Jx aren't that likely to begin with and 9x is now ahead of you on the river. Still you should bet.

* I won't go into that for every type of player, basically against an unknown you're probably not doing a big mistake by either checking behind or value betting small like you did. I'd lean toward value betting still. Just make sure you use what you learn at showdown to better your decisions against that player in the future.

Please hide the results next time and try to say something useful about your opponent, like some stats if you have them or simply if he's playing a lot of hands, almost no hands at all, if you've seen him make some weird plays, things like that to help us help you :)

Hope it helps.