[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 99

• adeiush
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.2, Hero raises to $0.7, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.55) T, 2, T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.90, MP3 calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.35) J (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 raises to $2.4, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($8.15) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $16.20, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.15.

(Put him on a T)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't like betting that turn, i don't think you make any better hand fold and you will rarely get called by worse hands, just check behind. If you're going to bet anyway, because you know that that player will peel the flop with any 2 overcards and do the same thing on the turn or some similar read, then bet at least 1/2 pot, both to get value from those hands and not to induce bluffs by showing weakness with your betsizing.

As played, c/c flop c/mr turn is usually a very strong line from bad players, even if you get great odds i'd recommend you just fold your underpair on the turn, you rarely beat anything. His range for doing that is probably Tx, maybe Jx, maybe QQ+. Sometimes your weak 2nd barrel induced a bluff or semibluff of some sort too, but imo it's not worth putting in 12bb more to find out that yes, he'll almost always bet again on the river forcing you to fold anyway.

Try to say something useful about your opponent, like some stats if you have them or simply if he's playing a lot of hands, almost no hands at all, if you've seen him make some weird plays, things like that to help us help you :)

Hope it helps.