$50.00
      BU:
      $10.85
      SB(Hero):
      $16.15
      BB:
      $45.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB raises to $1, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.00) A, 3, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3.5, BB calls $3.00, CO calls $3.00.

Turn: ($13.50) 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BB folds, CO calls $3.50.

River: ($20.50) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.15

what do you think?

let me just explain my thinking process:

preflop nothing to discuss, easy call as far as im concerned

flop - if i donkbet it and get raised i might have to fold the better hand as villain may not put me on the A and try to price me out. so by check raising, i get more value, i indicate strength which will discourage reraisers unless they hold a monster and i therefore will know where i am at

turn: they have both called me down, maybe a slowplayed monster or AJ i thought.. of course there is the chance they are both bad players and picked this spot to flat me so lets make a WEAK bet to see how they react to it, maybe i can end it here. (this is the play i am not sure about by the way, but pot control oop is too hard, hence a blocking bet)

i just noticed the two hearts maybe they were drawing... im sure you will say bet more on turn now

river is obvious shove
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey excelgeo,

preflop, I don't like your complete at all, even less the cold call OOP with hand that is easily dominated. If you complete AT it means you're playing for 2-pair of better, but with only one limper you don't get the odds and must thus fold. On the other hand, AT is strong enough to raise it against CO openlimper, so I would raise 5BB before the flop.

As played, I like your c/r line, but I would raise flop a little more 4-4,5BB and then shove turn.

Regards,
      burek2000