UTG ($21.25)
      CO ($25)
      Hero ($39.12)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 5:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) A:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade:

CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $2

TURN ($7.85) A:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 5:club:

CO checks, Hero bets $5, CO raises to $21.25 (AI), Hero ???

villain is very bad. tp no kicker is nuts for him as i saw him doing such fancy moves. based on this reads can i call on the turn if i assuse me is with AJ/AQ/AK/AA.

also do u bet turn after check from bad oponent
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd fold it preflop against a very loose bad player, playing a hand that weak without initiative is unlikely to show a profit. But since i have no stats on your opponent and you obviously wanted to play pots in position with that guy i won't discuss it further, you were probably aware of that yourself and still decided you'd rather take a shot at him before he busted.

As played you can't really do anything other than raise on the flop, but i'd probably check behind on the turn because our fold equity probably isn't good against that player once he calls our flop raise if he can't ever fold TPNK.

As played on the turn, i didn't get your question, i assume you want to know if you can call if his range is AJ+/AA. You need to call $16.25 more to win x*$50.35 where x is your equity in the pot, meaning you want

EV = 50.35*x - 16.25 > 0 => x > ~32.3%

Against AJ+/AA according to the Equilator you have 37% equity on that board, which makes this a call. I think this is still a call if you give him any Ax, some flushdraws and even sets, as your outs don't change all that much.

Hope it helps.