frustrated by $1 sng's

• smccabe6
      smccabe6
      Bronze
      hi all ,I was curious as to how everyone gets on in the $1 sng's on PartyPoker as recently I have been playing against some of the luckiest bingo players on the site. A good example was tonight, I had AA pocket pair which I raised, next player re-raises almost 3/4 of his stack from MP so I go all in, forcing him to follow suit and do the same, the two of us are now left in the hand and he shows 83o which develops into a full house, blowing my AA out of the game. Is it just me or is this a horrendously bad play by the other player? I am by no means an expert and I know my game is far from perfect, I play silly hands and have my streaks of bad play but i felt really cheated by this play.
  • 9 replies
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      eh you're not the only one and trust me...you will see such things happen again and again and again...a friendly advice from a fellow fish :D - move to $3 sng or higher if you bankroll allows, much easier to play and such bad beats will not be so hard to recover from, since the rake is a bit smaller in $3 sng - opposed to $1 where it's 20%
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      it's only one hand....

I was dealted AA about 200 times since i play SnG's and i've won 80% of the time. so it's all about the long run.

I would love to see a 83off calling my aces everytime i have aces :p
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dendra
      opposed to $1 where it's 20%
      Rake isn't 20%. 80c buy in + 20c fee. Its 25%!!
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      From that kind of stupidity is where your profits will come. You have to get used to getting your aces cracked, and even bigger hands getting rivered. It doesn't feel good, but that is exactly the situation you love to see. I've lost the count on how many times I've lost with flopped two pairs, flopped sets, flopped nut flushes, flopped straights, flopped full houses and even with straight flushes (well, actually that one just once...). BRM is that important so that you'll never have a significant amount of your bankroll at stake and will allow you to recover from the occasional bad beats. Remember that you'll get your aces cracked 1 out of every 5 times at least. So the important thing is to stay calm and not get tilted so that you always can make the correct decision at the table. Keep it up!
    • CrazyTycoon
      CrazyTycoon
      Bronze
      some times it sucks but thats that....I'm playing the same SnG's and I'm down 5$ in about 60 tourneys
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      plaied my 1st SnG on PartyPoker and won it :tongue:
    • agelisgr
      agelisgr
      Bronze
      everybody wins the first times ;)
    • simm1
      simm1
      Bronze
      i am really frustrated at the 1$ at party too.

but thats because there are only super turbo shit with 3 min blinds.
      that why there is so many badbeats, you have to play sucky hands and rely on just luck to win them. they really suck. maybe if everyone send a mail to party and ask for non-turbos!, i have.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dendra
      move to $3 sng or higher if you bankroll allows, much easier to play and such bad beats will not be so hard to recover from, since the rake is a bit smaller in $3 sng - opposed to $1 where it's 20%
      $0.80 + $0.20 => 25% rake
      $2.40 + $0.60 => 25% rake