Through the eyes of a noob

• smccabe6
      smccabe6
      Bronze
      Hey all, after toying with the idea of blogging for a few days I've finally decided to give it a go and hopefully raise me game a bit. I believe I have taken the first positive step in my poker career by finally admitting something that I have come to realise recently..........I am a bingo player! :f_cry: but hopefully that is over now that I have become a big ginger sponge (yeah I'm one of them too, a ginger scotsman...whoever would have thought it?) and I am soaking up all the tips and blogs I can on the subject so that I can finally start playing properly.
      So my first step was to read the newbie articles and get my hands on the starting capital (yeah it's true, we scots are tight, if you give us free money we'll put our hand to anything). :P
      I chose PartyPoker for my bonus and hopefully the grinding won't be too hard (like I said, I'm a noob, I don't actually want to have to work for my money, I want all the riches immediately! lol :D )
  • 4 replies
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Originally posted by smccabe6
      (like I said, I'm a noob, I don't actually want to have to work for my money, I want all the riches immediately! lol :D )
      Hi there smccabe6

Though in poker climbing up the bankroll takes time and when you try to play over your bankroll you will then get broke in less than a day or week. Remember if you want to get rich in poker you need discipline and strictly follow the bankroll management.

In my case, instead of going up to $.05/.10 at $90 Bankroll, I'll go up when I have $120 in my bankroll. To be honest I'm a very patient hot girl when it comes to waiting for a good hands, if I only need to call pockets King to pocket 10 I can do that for 2000 hands, that's how patient I am.

But in winning money then it's a different story. I always want to have a quick win so I always go up the blind limits even if I don't have the 30bb buy-ins, then now from $50 I only have $10 left.

I don't want this things to happen to you, I just want myself to be an example of not following the BRM.

Lots of love.

Camile
    • smccabe6
      smccabe6
      Bronze
      Hey SweetCamil, was only joking bout the instant riches thing, I'm prepared to work lol. Been playing for a while, but as I said I was a bingo player so my losses outweighed my wins as I had no strategy and always went on gut feelings so I'm glad to actually find somewhere that can help me learn. Gonna stick with $1 sng's for a while (I'm not a big fan of cash games, like I said we scots are tight, I wanna know where every penny of my money is so sng's let me limit my losses :D ) prob sit at this level till I get bout $200 or so and build my skill a bit before playing the more experienced players as I know I'm not good enough to start climbing the levels yet. Tried a few $3 and found the players to be a bit better (they know when to fold and don't go all in wath 72o which somehow miraculously beats your AA ?( ) I won a prize in all of the $3 tourneys that I played but I think this was just down to luck rather than my own skill so I'll quit while I'm ahead and use a very very cautious BRM plan, sticking to the $1 max methinks! I don't want to start thinking about the money aspect untill I build my skill a bit as I know from experience that money chasing is a bad idea (especially for a really bad player like myself! lol) :f_cry:
      Thank you for the warm welcome and best of luck to you in your poker career
    • SweetCamil
      SweetCamil
      Bronze
      Wow! I want to see your bankroll update =)
    • smccabe6
      smccabe6
      Bronze
      I had a pretty good MTT success today, coming second out of 185 in a PKR points tourney on **COUGH** PKR **COUGH**. I've not really been a big fan of PKR since I started to learn properly as the place is just a bingo hall, but I decided I would try and use up my PKR points which I had idling on the site (no point letting them go to waste!). The first thing I realised when I started playing was how easy it is to win on PKR when you actually have some structure to your game and know when to fold. Thank you pokerstrategy for your help! I think I may now try to climb the phases on PKR and see how well I get on as they do have some pretty good prizes. Updates to come...hopefully good ones!