This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

playing BSS against SSS?

• lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      hey guys,

i currently play BSS on NL10 at FT, doing quite well and looking to find a few more +EV opportunities at my tables.

one i have noticed is that the tables i play usually have 2-3 clearly identifiable SS players, very tight hand selection pre flop..

my question is if i have position on an obvious SSS player, would it be +EV for me to min raise any two in a blind battle as he will be forced to fold 97% of his range?

i think i have enough discipline in my post flop play to get away from horrible spots.

thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      A good SSS will not be forced to fold 97% of his range at all, he will simply adjust to your min raising.

But as NL10 SSS are generally stupid playing just by a chart then you can do it indeed and never expect them to fight back
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Yes i would say that you can steal a very wide range against them, however if you face resistance then i would fold everything except QQ+

-Jack
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      If I notice you stealing me a lot, I would start shoving your steals more lightly. And I almost never fold to a minraise-steal, I call or re-raise and usually donkbet flop according to my cards, board, mood (sometimes I play TAG, sometimes LAG game and yes, I'm still talking about SSS) and reads.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      I do the same eventually but it is a good strategy mate, you will notice that many players just fold it with a minraise, don't do it with any two, do it with any connectors, suited connectors, face cards, pairs and A high.

but be prepared to fold them.

And steal their blinds.