[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH QQ overpair

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      sorry im posting so many hands. i want to get better and i need to know what im doing wrong.

hardly any hands on villain 29/14/8

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($37.44)
      BB ($60.21)
      Hero ($50.78)
      CO ($53.67)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:club:

Hero raises to $2, fold, BTN raises to $6.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $4.75

FLOP ($14.25) T:heart: 6:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $10, BTN raises to $43.25 (AI), Hero calls $33.25

TURN ($100) T:heart: 6:club: 3:club: 9:club:

RIVER ($100) T:heart: 6:club: 3:club: 9:club: 3:diamond:

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:club:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 56.8%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN shows J:club: A:club:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 43.2%, Turn 100.0%)

BTN wins $99.25

should i have folded to flop reraise?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      The preflop call is pretty bad. What exactly do you want to achieve when you call a 3bet with QQ oop? If you flop an overpair you're still getting it in against AA and KK (and JJ). If there's an A or a K on the flop you have to fold. And if villain has AK he gives up after a c-bet.

Against a guy with these stats who look somewhat fishy I always shove QQ preflop, atleast in this situation (MP vs BU). So just 4bet and get it in.
      Might be worth thinking about folding if he's in BB and you're raising from UTG, but that depends on the opponent.

One thing is sure though and that is that you should never call it out of position.

So basically you shouldn't have to play postflop after this preflop play.

But as you get to the flop this way I don't understand why you're donking? All you do is scare him off hands that didn't hit and get valuetowned by better hands. Instead the better line would be c/r all in, atleast that way you get a c-bet from him if he has nothing and he can call with worse.

In short: 4bet/shove preflop ;)