villain 33/19/57

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50.69)
      BB ($50.84)
      CO ($24.50)
      Hero ($48.04)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

CO raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $5, SB raises to $12, fold, fold, Hero calls $7

FLOP ($26.25) 7:club: 7:spade: A:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($26.25) 7:club: 7:spade: A:heart: 2:spade:

SB bets $13, Hero calls $13

RIVER ($52.25) 7:club: 7:spade: A:heart: 2:spade: 5:spade:

SB bets $25.69 (AI), Hero?

the reraise preflop had me putting him on AK most likely.
      seeing the flop did NOT make me happy. but he checked which confused me a bit. maybe he had KK? or is he the type to 3bet TT+?
      i thought the turn bet was kind of weak and i thought hard and decided to just call. i think i was getting confused. help in this hand please?

maybe i shouldv bet flop for info, then folded to reraise. damn queens. those chicks hate me.
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      No, no, no you can never call a 4bet!! If you're putting him on AK why not get it in preflop? Read your other QQ hand for reasons why calling is bad against AK :)

But here in this situation I think actually I'm folding QQ... I might ship it against a really good TAG I expect can 4bet bluff us here sometimes since he thinks we're restealing, or a big fish who gets it in with lots of crap. This fish however won't do that and will probably more likely call than 4bet hands like QQ-TT, AK. A cold 4bet like this is usually very strong. So I actually fold here even though it sucks. Going broke is not too bad either though but I'd like a read on if he would go broke with a hand like JJ or AK preflop or not.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Cold4bet from the SB after a 3bet BUvsCO. That means either that guy his aware that your 3bet doesn't have to be strength and is bluffing with whatever hand he had, or he's doing that for value in which case he almost always has AK/QQ+. Folding is fine, people get in trouble with QQ preflop way too often, try and make slightly tighter folds with it. If you have reasons to believe that guy can be spazzy at times just 5bet shove it.

I'll discuss postflop even though you shouldn't end up in that spot, because it might help for some other spots.

The flop check is a red flag for me and here is why. It's not at all uncommon for people to check A-high flops with an A, especially if they have AA/AK (deck crushed) or a marginal Ax (only getting called by better Ax). In fact i'd say most Ax will never bet that flop in that situation, nor will they ever fold. I wouldn't bet the flop into that, especially since i expect him to c-bet his air here (if he happens to have air) by default very often, so when he checks he's telling you "i have something", you don't have to bet to find that out.

On the turn i don't think he will never bet a worse hand into you for 1/2 pot. The air hands he cold4bet bluffed with will c-bet the flop, and worse made hands would be happy to try and check it down, even KK would likely c/c that turn. This is almost always a "please call me" value bet from an A that checked the flop. Just fold.

On the river you're getting a good price, he made sure of that by betting the turn small. However the only way you're winning here is if he turned something like JJ into a bluff, and i don't even think he would cold4bet those hands preflop. Or if he somehow decided to take a very tricky bluff line with some air hand by representing an A that didn't c-bet the flop, which i very much doubt. Just pitch it.

Hope it helps.