[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A6s.

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      correct played? or do i need another coldcaller to call preflop?

villain: 22/17 - 120 hands
      vpip/pfr

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($7.68)
      MP ($5.72)
      CO ($4.03)
      Hero (Button) ($5.12)
      SB ($9.96)
      BB ($4.92)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 6
      1 fold, MP bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.47) A, Q, 9 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.67) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.67) 4 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Total pot: $2.67 | Rake: $0.17
  • 3 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I call Axs hands cheaply and only for flush, two pair, trips etc. It isnt so good though.
      if you hit your A, you are likely behind against better A. Your raise on flop is therefor mostly a bluff.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I think the preflop call is kind of marginal.

As played I like the raise on the flop , you don`t want to see any face card on the turn. After he calls pot control line is ok.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The preflop call depends on how comfortable you feel postflop when you hit TPNK. If you're good enough to keep yourself out of troubles when you're dominated it's fine because that guy's range is wide enough to include non Ax hands. If you often feel lost postflop when you get action and don't know what to do with your TPNK i'd recommend playing it only in 3-way pots minimum, and mostly for flush value.

As played i also think the flop raise for value is a good idea, don't just do it because you want to know if you're beat. He'll probably peel here with some gutshots and maybe worse made hands because you don't represent much by raising. Those hands probably won't call again on the turn so checking behind to avoid isolating yourself against better Ax is fine, and so is the river call for those odds. He could figure you were also drawing and make a cheap steal attempt.

Hope it helps.