[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 9To freeplay

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      should i respect that small reraise? or maybe just check/call to keep the pot small?

villain is unknown

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.22)
      SB ($4.95)
      Hero (BB) ($4.77)
      UTG ($1.95)
      MP ($1.77)
      CO ($5.47)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 10
      UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 4, 9, 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, MP calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.60) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP raises to $0.60, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.20 | Rake: $0.08
  • 2 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      He could have 4 but I still would call it.
      On river make small blockbet (1/3 of pot) and if he raises here again, you are behind.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Minraises usually have two different meanings depending on the fish using them : pure strength or cheap bluff. It's hard to guess which one it is against an unknown. I would suggest betting 2/3 pot on the turn to help with that, since even fishes will pickup on the fact that you bet full pot on the flop and only half pot on the turn, which can make them more likely to mess with you.

I'd say more often then not the turn minraise is pure strength, but i may call because of your small turn bet and the odds you're getting, he could still have a worse 9x, random overcards or a bluff. You can't blockbet the river without committing yourself to the pot given how short his stack is, I'd c/f or c/c depending on the feel i get from the timing of his river shove.

If you don't feel like making that river decision, folding the turn and making a note on this guy to be able to spot if he minraises way too frequently is fine too. Marginal spots out of position against unknowns is something you want to avoid if possible until you get better information.

Hope it helps.