[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AA play

• kwedaras
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , A:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 2 folds, SB calls $0,14, BB calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,48) Q:heart: , T:heart: , K:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,50, BB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,48) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,41, SB calls $1,41.

River: ($4,30) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Final Pot: $7,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Ah Ac)
      SB shows three of a kind, kings (5d Ks)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Ah Ac)

my main concern was flush. did i play ok or should i have reraised on the flop ?
  • 2 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      I would try to stick it in on flop. You have so strong draw and you could be already ahead with your aces.
    • MaestroOfZerg

A flush is highly unlikely, almost all the broadway heart cards are accounted for, which makes it much less likely that the fish has two heart cards himself since they love to play broadway cards. Granted he plays 71% of his hands so he could have 32s, but it's much more likely that he has some made hand like Kx or Qx, possibly with a heart kicker too.

Since he showed interest by donking full pot he probably won't fold to a raise, i'd just repop him on the flop and get it in if he shoves. No matter what he has we have outs and it is entirely possible that we have the best hand to begin with.

It's important not to get scared too easily against huge fishes, they might go off with any piece of the board, not just the nuts, which is how you make money.

Hope it helps.