[NL2-NL10] NL5 A9s SH

• Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      so this person kept miniraising with alot of hands, and i got good odds preflop to call.
      i'm raising and betting hard to knock out any straightdraws(which worked: the guy that folded had TJ).
      only place where i can see i could fold was perhaps preflop, but against his range this was an ok hand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB(Hero):
      $5.46
      MP2:
      $4.73
      MP3:
      $7.61
      CO:
      $4.01
      BU:
      $1.24
      SB:
      $5.58

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.1, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.40) A, 9, Q (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.5, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.40) 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.55, CO raises to $3.41, BU calls $0.64, SB folds, Hero calls $1.86.

River: ($9.86) K (3 players)

Final Pot: $9.86.

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (9h Ah)
      CO shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ad Qc)
      BU shows a pair of aces (Ac 7d)
      CO wins with two pairs, aces and queens (Ad Qc).
  • 3 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Preflop play is OK. good odds to call, but remember that your pair of aces is not best hand very often!!! If it were offsuited I consider folding preflop.

On flop raise full pot (or even more), because you have so many opponents. That means 3times his bet + pot before (3*0.1 + 0.4 = 0.7). You can make it 0.8 also.

On turn bet pot (this means shove if you raise more flop) and call shove. You have often best hand here. If you are against 99, AQ, AA, QQ its bad luck imo.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      ok thanks, already thought this was sort of badluck. but need to make bets bigger next time.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kosmonaut111
      Preflop play is OK. good odds to call, but remember that your pair of aces is not best hand very often!!! If it were offsuited I consider folding preflop.

On flop raise full pot (or even more), because you have so many opponents. That means 3times his bet + pot before (3*0.1 + 0.4 = 0.7). You can make it 0.8 also.

On turn bet pot (this means shove if you raise more flop) and call shove. You have often best hand here. If you are against 99, AQ, AA, QQ its bad luck imo.

I agree, you're looking for 2 pairs, a flushdraw or a made flush before you start building up the pot yourself. Here you got what you wanted, and since CO minraises lots of hands there are no reasons for you to think you're behind yet, so raise the flop big to charge the draws and get value from worse Ax. Shove the blank turn for the same reasons.

Hope it helps.