Need help?

• BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      Hello everyone

I was playing quite some time before on pokerstars, but now i found out about pokerstrategy and created account on Partypoker to play some cash games.

In my 1st 3 days i got to 60$ but then suddenly i lost few AA hands, then i lost some high pairs to slowplayed AA and ended up at 43$

Now, the SSS says i should go to smaller limit and sit down at table with 20BB

Here is the problem ... the minimal required buy-in at 0,2-,04 is 2,00$ ... with 2,00 buy ins i have been playing 0,5-0,10 till now, but with 43$ this is (according to articles) too high blind for me

Where should i play now? Go to smaller blinds and sit down with 2,00$? Stay at 0.5-0,10?
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hello buddy,

This is a problem many people face when starting off, since we usually start in a $2 BI, but we only have $50. That's 25BI only. In SSS, you can easily have negative streaks of 30BI+.
      So here's what I suggest you to do: If you are serious about playing poker and you have some spare money, deposit $100 in your account. The fact that you're now investing your own money will motivate you to study a lot and make this investment worth it. You'll then have $140 and that's 70BI for NL10. That's a very conservative BRM and you'll be able to get a soft start. Also, when you release the extra $100 bonus, you can cash out your money back.

2nd option: keep on playing with the $43 bankroll. If you're playing correctly, you'll probably manage to build your roll back up and then there's the extra $100 to be released. It is possible that even if you're playing correctly, you hit a downswing strong enough to kill your entire roll. I don't mean to discourage you here, but it's the truth. These downswings happen.

So it is up to you I guess. If you're serious about this, I strongly recommend depositing some money. IT doesnt have to be $100. If you deposit something like $50, it'll be good enough already.

Hope it helps =)
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      I am probably not gonna invest my money into poker yet, until i get some serious income of money in RL :D

I am quite serious about it and i will now try multi tabling at 0,01/0,02 tommorow, if i make like 1$ in an hour at 9 tables ill gring like that (is that a good amount? enlighten me pls, whats the healthy income when things are running well? :( )
      Must read that part about bonus clearing and earning additional 100$ thought, and consider inviting a friend to get some extra cash

Also another question ... by playing 9 tables NL0,1 i was able to collect pretty decent ammount of party points/hour, how is it going to be at NL0,02?

P.S
      Just made 1,40$ our of 0,40$ playing my style on 0,01-0,02 table (without all-ins and dobuling up) :f_cool:
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      BUMP!

Anyone? Help?
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      when ii started 6 moths ago i went up to 80$ in about a moth, then i got some bad days, made some stupid mistakes, playing much bigger tables and went down to 24 dollars then i started to play 1$ sng, followed Bankroll management and now i face 1000$ problems. so i guess i managed to pass that level and i myself face other difficulties. don't really know much about cash, i found it very difficult to make money with the short stack strategy partly becauase i am impacient and i began to learn this skill; so my suggestion is to learn SNG and build a bankroll and go back to cash after you have some money and learned some new moves . i might be wrong but i find low stakes Sit and Go's easier to make money than cash games.
      i might be wrong, i play poker for 6 moths but consider my advice.
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      Hehe just went to SnG to give it a shot and won 4$ =)

Wil try some more tommorow, its 5AM here, must go sleep :f_cool: