This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Need help?

• BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      Hello everyone

I was playing quite some time before on pokerstars, but now i found out about pokerstrategy and created account on Partypoker to play some cash games.

In my 1st 3 days i got to 60$ but then suddenly i lost few AA hands, then i lost some high pairs to slowplayed AA and ended up at 43$

Now, the SSS says i should go to smaller limit and sit down at table with 20BB

Here is the problem ... the minimal required buy-in at 0,2-,04 is 2,00$ ... with 2,00 buy ins i have been playing 0,5-0,10 till now, but with 43$ this is (according to articles) too high blind for me

Where should i play now? Go to smaller blinds and sit down with 2,00$? Stay at 0.5-0,10?
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hello buddy,

This is a problem many people face when starting off, since we usually start in a $2 BI, but we only have $50. That's 25BI only. In SSS, you can easily have negative streaks of 30BI+.
      So here's what I suggest you to do: If you are serious about playing poker and you have some spare money, deposit $100 in your account. The fact that you're now investing your own money will motivate you to study a lot and make this investment worth it. You'll then have $140 and that's 70BI for NL10. That's a very conservative BRM and you'll be able to get a soft start. Also, when you release the extra $100 bonus, you can cash out your money back.

2nd option: keep on playing with the $43 bankroll. If you're playing correctly, you'll probably manage to build your roll back up and then there's the extra $100 to be released. It is possible that even if you're playing correctly, you hit a downswing strong enough to kill your entire roll. I don't mean to discourage you here, but it's the truth. These downswings happen.

So it is up to you I guess. If you're serious about this, I strongly recommend depositing some money. IT doesnt have to be $100. If you deposit something like $50, it'll be good enough already.

Hope it helps =)
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      I am probably not gonna invest my money into poker yet, until i get some serious income of money in RL :D

I am quite serious about it and i will now try multi tabling at 0,01/0,02 tommorow, if i make like 1$ in an hour at 9 tables ill gring like that (is that a good amount? enlighten me pls, whats the healthy income when things are running well? :( )
      Must read that part about bonus clearing and earning additional 100$ thought, and consider inviting a friend to get some extra cash

Also another question ... by playing 9 tables NL0,1 i was able to collect pretty decent ammount of party points/hour, how is it going to be at NL0,02?

P.S
      Just made 1,40$ our of 0,40$ playing my style on 0,01-0,02 table (without all-ins and dobuling up) :f_cool:
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      BUMP!

Anyone? Help?
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      when ii started 6 moths ago i went up to 80$ in about a moth, then i got some bad days, made some stupid mistakes, playing much bigger tables and went down to 24 dollars then i started to play 1$ sng, followed Bankroll management and now i face 1000$ problems. so i guess i managed to pass that level and i myself face other difficulties. don't really know much about cash, i found it very difficult to make money with the short stack strategy partly becauase i am impacient and i began to learn this skill; so my suggestion is to learn SNG and build a bankroll and go back to cash after you have some money and learned some new moves . i might be wrong but i find low stakes Sit and Go's easier to make money than cash games.
      i might be wrong, i play poker for 6 moths but consider my advice.
    • BlackCmafia
      BlackCmafia
      Bronze
      Hehe just went to SnG to give it a shot and won 4$ =)

Wil try some more tommorow, its 5AM here, must go sleep :f_cool: