Hello,

I'm developing an application for analysis of post-flop situations in No Limit Texas Hold 'em and looking for early feedback to get an idea of what poker players need.

While this is just a hobby project so far, I enjoy the idea of creating something useful for other players.

This is a screen shot of what I've got after a few days of coding: http://picbite.com/image/61477hfxkr/

This is how it works:
  1. Select your cards and the flop.
  2. Specify the villain's pre-flop range.
  3. Specify other parameters: stack, pot & bet sizes; villain's calling, betting and pushing ranges.
  4. The program shows the EV for different lines: check/fold, check/call, bet/fold, bet/push (for simplicity's sake I currently assume push as the only re-raise option for either player).

One of the problems is dealing with turn and river. Right now, if the hand proceeds to turn, I just take the equity without considering possible actions of the players. Too simplistic, isn't it? On the other hand, I'm not sure what to do with the fact that your and villain's actions depend on the turn card. It's not very realistic to consider all 47 variants, is it? And then comes river...

Apart from the turn/river problem, I'd be happy to hear any questions, comments, ideas and views as for how this program could be of use (given I can implement the suggestions and release it to public).

Cheers.