$1.85
      BU:
      $9.00
      SB:
      $4.37
      BB(Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, J.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 6, 4, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG2 raises to $1.6, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.9(All-In), UTG2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($4.20) Q (2 players)

River: ($4.20) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.20.

Article says to be aggresive with top pair jack kicker. So I did. Methinks my "top" pair here is not strong.
  • 9 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      he could have set, limping with small pockets

or bluffing you with oesd

you followed the strategy, what else can you do
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      Use intelligience and adapt your play to the situation. Don't feel obliged to follow a general guideline strategy that wasn't meant to cover every single little spot that can crop up.

In my opinion his line here shows strength, I lay it down against this aggression.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      you're right, your pair of sixes won't be much good against the range villain is raising flop with, although maybe at NL10 J6 is enough here
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Use intelligience and adapt your play to the situation. Don't feel obliged to follow a general guideline strategy that wasn't meant to cover every single little spot that can crop up.

In my opinion his line here shows strength, I lay it down against this aggression.
      use intelligence? ar reading a graph and making an easy fold?
      hes only just starting, sss is fine
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze

Not quite my point. I'm just saying that he shouldn't feel that he HAS to follow the strategy against his gut feeling. There is nothing wrong with folding if you don't like a spot and then posting that hand for evaluation.

That said, there is nothing wrong with following the strategy either and then posting the hand to learn what to do in the future. He obviously made the right move posting the hand.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Thanks guys. Yep my current "poker nature" is to follow strictly the SSS and ignore my gut feeling :D

I guess it's time to gather some "intelligence".
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze

Not quite my point. I'm just saying that he shouldn't feel that he HAS to follow the strategy against his gut feeling. There is nothing wrong with folding if you don't like a spot and then posting that hand for evaluation.

That said, there is nothing wrong with following the strategy either and then posting the hand to learn what to do in the future. He obviously made the right move posting the hand.
      yes that is right, and i play liek that too

i folded JJ to reraises behind me preflop in a thread i posted days ago so sorry if i came across as a sss preacher, i am rather advocating fluid poker
    • BlitzkriegBaron
      BlitzkriegBaron
      Bronze
      My advice is to start playing with stats as soon as possible. I know most ppl say stats isn't necessary at NL10 but imo it's better to start learning how to play with them as early as possible.

And yeah to avoid trouble don't play hands like this post-flop even if it is TPJK - at NL10 donks love limping pockets, even AA.

When in doubt (esp. in marginal situations) rather fold the hand then shove and make a mistake. But don't worry, in time you'll learn how to adapt basic strategy to different situations. :s_biggrin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I do not really like a 6 as toppair so I just c/f this one, 100% guara-damn-teed that you have a hard time playing the Turn/River ;)

- Gerv