SnGs?

• Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      I lost alot of my bankroll being stupid while playing NL .50/.10 and not really taking it seriously.

I then decided to play a few SnGs and placed in the money on most of them. With my bankroll going back up now I want to start playing properly but i prefer SnGs. So far i have just been playing one table at a time but im thinking about playing more at one. Is it a good idea to play more than one or should i stick to one for the minute?

Also i havnt really cleared much of my starting bonus so i was wondering would it be easy enough to clear my bonus on partypoker playing SnGs? And how many would i need to play (buy in $1)

• 9 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      You would need to play a lot of $1 sng's on pp in order to clear your bonus. I don't know how many exactly but it'll be difficult to do.

With regard to multi-tabling, just add an extra table each time you feel comfortable. I and most people find 4 quite easy to deal with, the most I can handle is 9... Some people play 20+. Just play what you feel comfortable with :)
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice. it dont say anywhere how many party points you get for a $1 SnG.

i will try and add a few more tables and see if this boosts my points at all.

I just found myself loosing more while playing NL games and have done alot better at SnGs so want to carry on with these, so its either that or clearing the bonus then lol
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      One PartyPoint for each 50 cents you pay in tournament fees.
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      I havnt seen anything about fees when playing a $1 SnG though ?(
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      hmm you can work it out from the prize pool. I cant access party atm because i'm in work
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      if you add all the prize pool together you come up with $8 which leaves $2 left (10 people $1 each) so im guessing if you divide that by 10 you get 0.20c which is im guessing the fee? so 5 $1 SnGs = 1 point?

which would work out at about 17 a day for the 90 days to clear the bonus?

might be way off :D
    • ZippFig
      ZippFig
      Bronze
      5 1$ sngs will give you 2 partypoints so its 8,5 games a day for the 90 days.

im playing those as well and variance is a bitch there (with my added donkiness and lack of patience). i suggest you start playing the 3$ speed only as soon as you have the bankroll ($150) and to give it a try once in a while as you hit $100 (out of BRM but the level is exactly the same if not worse on high traffic hours)

good grinding :f_cool:

p.s.: my nick there is zippedaway. see you at the tables.

edit: playing two tables is not that different than playing one. just dont try to 8 table to grind some bonus as i did and lost most of my bankroll.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      You don't have to worry about clearing the bonus right now. 90 days is a lot of time if you're just starting up. You will eaither be playing higher stakes or go broke by then so it's not really that important to calculate how many SNGs at your current limit you would have to play..

Also it's kind of tought to build your bankroll with SNGs at Party because of the huge rake (fees). You will have to either learn quite a lot very quickly so that you are able to beat the rake or switch to cash games for a while.
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      thanks for all the advice.

gonna add a few tables and see how i go from there, if i can carry on placing in the money it should work out well