This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Top two pairs in MTT

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Situation in the MTT tournament with rebuys and add-ons ($1 buy-in). So, a lot of very bad players, almost every hand there is someone who goes all-in with anything, gets busted and then rebuys. I quadrupled my stack after first hand (pocket nines, limped and flopped three of a kind).

I am holding Kd Jc. 4 players including me get into the pot, no raise or some small raise.

Flop comes Kh Jh 10d. Two players go all in, it is my turn. I have to go all-in if I want to call.

What is the right play?
  • 4 replies
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      I would definatly call here yes. It's a $1 rebuy and even thought you will find yourselves behind here some times I think it's +ev play. People are so bad on that limit that they will go broke here with almost any pair, fd, pair+oesd etc.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi Baxter82,

I would just like to remind you that this is the No-Limit cash game section.

The MTT section can be found here

Further more if you want to post MTT hands for evaluation by a professional judge then please use the MTT sample hands forum.

Btw i would go all in with top 2 :) :f_biggrin:

Regards,

-Jack
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answers. It is a logical choice in that situation but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks kingdippy2008 for reminder ;) The problem is that I cannot access MTT section because I am still bronze member.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      oh sorry, i completely forgot that you had to be silver+ :P

-Jack