This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 77 3bet

    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.10.2008 Posts: 1,711
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($21)
      BB ($100)
      UTG ($100)
      MP2 ($100)
      MP3 ($135)
      CO ($54.90)
      BTN ($19)

      Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 7:heart:

      fold, fold, MP3 calls $1, fold, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $21 (AI)

      MP3: 26/12, 339 hands
      BTN:


      Do you think I can give him a wide enough range for a 3bet here?
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Joined: 02.11.2008 Posts: 8,028
      Well, I definitely like it vs ORLP, but with the limper I'm less sure.

      His stats:
      1. He raises 19% of hands from bu overall (raising more as a steal).
      2. He folds 56% of the time to 3bet.

      But we have to assume a good part of this 56% (over half?) will be folding hands he steals with to re-steals from the blinds, so, if he's not stealing then he's also not folding as often.

      So, he's probably folding no more than 30% of the time in this spot. The other 70% (i.e. 70% of 19%) is the range we're up against, ignoring the caller. So, if our 77's are up against 13%, we have only about 44% equity.

      So, we get: 0.3 (fe) * 7$ + (0.7 * .45 * $21.50) = $2.1 + $6.77 = $8.87

      less (0.7 * 0.55 * $20.5) = $7.89

      Total profit = $0.98

      Which may make this an ok play - although clearly it's marginal. If we factor in the times mp3 calls, I don't know what happens since we're probably behind to the hands he call with.

      I don't know whether my assumptions are realistic, but any comments on the calcs would be +EV... :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.03.2008 Posts: 2,805
      He can be Isolating 26/12 MP player loose so I think I like the push. Our image should give us some nice FE and we are only way behind to higher pairs preflop so this isn't a bad hand to get in. Does feel quite loose/marginal though!

      Don't know If I'd actually push this in game or not. Discussing on the Evaluation forum is slightly different to actually playing haha.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.10.2008 Posts: 1,711
      Yeah, I also felt it was quite marginal.

      But:
      1 - $5,5 in the pot increse the profit with FE
      2 - The limper behind adds some dead money for BTN to loosen up and isolate.
      3 - I don't think we should worry about the limper's range, because his 12% pfr means that he'd be raising the better hands there.


      By Tim's calculations we get a slight positive Ev, but I suspect it's enough, especially considering this guy could be isolating with a wider range.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      f23bet% is a mean number -> You need fold 2 3bet based per position as you see their PFR/Raise 1st per position as well

      But given the fact that BU is 19% ánd he can probably isolate with a looser range than displayed (Iso range is wider than normal imo), I think 77 gives you enough equity + your shove gives you sufficient FE

      - Gerv