[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 8Ts

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      A donkbet with the straight does not make sense IMO and I have 10 outs against random pair so I think I only need a little FE to make this profitable..

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($4.28)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($17.08)
      MP ($29.77)
      Hero (CO) ($12.25)
      Button ($10.09)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 10
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.90) 9, 8, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold

Total pot: $2.10 | Rake: $0.14
  • 2 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Sorry, double post.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind the play, shortstackers tend to c/r or c/shove anything decent on the flop, so when he donks he likely has nothing. Even if he does it usually won't be much more than 1 pair, so you're never in bad shape. Only the raise size calls for some discussion.

Putting him all-in likely has the highest fold equity, which is fine if you just want him to fold, because most fishes are afraid to put their whole stack in but might peel a smaller raise with utter trash. If you feel he can do that (some won't fold A-high or overcards with a gutshot to a smaller raise for example), you might want to raise smaller like $2.2, knowing that no matter what happens you aren't folding to him. You are committed and so is he, but most fishes won't recognize that, they just see they don't have to go broke to see the next card.

One case where this doesn't hold true is when the fish is really aggro and doesn't like to be pushed around, he might treat a huge raise as an attempt to bully him and call you with anything. As usual in poker, do what's best with the reads you have available at the time.

Hope it helps.