[NL2-NL10] A5s SH play

• kwedaras
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , 5:club:
      MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,04, BU folds, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) K:club: , 4:club: , 2:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,14, MP2 calls $0,14, MP3 calls $0,14, Hero calls $0,14, SB calls $0,14.

Turn: ($0,90) K:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,64, MP2 calls $0,64, MP3 calls $0,64, Hero raises to $6,61 (All-In), 2 folds, MP2 calls $4,16 (All-In), MP3 calls $4,38 (All-In).

River: ($17,97) 2:spade: (3 players)

Final Pot: $17,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ac 5c)
      MP3 shows a full-house, kings full of deuces (7h Kh)
      MP2 shows a flush, king high (7c 9c)

MP3 wins with a full-house, kings full of deuces (7h Kh)

was playing pasive on the flop, cause i assumed im way ahead there. on the turn as board paired, i thought about the full house, but it seemed unlikely, cause i think with 2 pair on the flop somebody might have raised the pot. So i decided to push, cause i thought i will be called with Kx hands. is my play correct ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd try and keep slowplaying to minimum at these stakes, especially in a big multiway pot filled with bad players.

- They have hands you can't predict and they will sometimes suckout on you with those and get your stack.

- They will call your flop raise anyway with any club draw, and you can't get money from those draws by playing it passively. You will stack them anyway if they make their flush.

- Once a 4th club hits, the action will freeze for everyone that doesn't have a flush, meaning you'd like to get value from those hands right on the flop, they probably won't even go away with Kx here, it's top pair after all.

So i would definitely raise that flop and get it in if possible, and keep bet/shoving on any turn if they just call the flop.

As played your turn line is fine, they won't let go of Kx or lower flushes ever, if they have a boat this is part unlucky part due to slowplaying :p

Hope it helps.