[NL2-NL10] A9s play

• kwedaras
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,16, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,16, Hero calls $0,16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,54) 7:diamond: , 8:spade: , A:club: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0,26, CO folds, Hero calls $0,26.

Turn: ($1,06) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,50, Hero raises to $1,25, MP2 raises to $4,58 (All-In), Hero calls $3,33.

River: ($10,22) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (Ad 9d)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, sevens (7s 7h)

MP2 wins with three of a kind, sevens (7s 7h)

I think i played this one very badly. i called because villains seemed rather loose, called cont bet with intention to raise in case he checks on the turn, but he bets again and i have top2pair i put him on Ax hand and assumed im ahead.
  • 1 reply
    • maya1984
      Playing those Ace no kicker hands is tricky. You will need good post flop skills to play those hands. As long as you know what you are doing when you flop TPNK it's ok. When we play baby suited ace our hope is to get a flash or 2pair (or better).
      We also prefer to play it IP on a multiple-pot which is exactly the case. In this hand improved to top 2pair.

I like your post-flop line. I wouldn't play it differently.

Flop is fine, We take pot-control line which fine since we don't want go play a big pot with no-kicker.

Turn: We improved to top 2pair. We need to go broke here .I would 3bet to 2$ and call.