[NL20-NL50] KK, nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, CO calls $1,00, Hero raises to $3,75, 3 folds, CO calls $2,75.

Flop: ($8,85) 7:heart: , 9:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($8,85) 2:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

River: ($17,85) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $9,25, Hero calls $9,25.

Final Pot: $36,35
  • 2 replies
    • BloodyB
      i would c bet on that flop and if he calls i m checking behind on a turn

he can call u on flop with a lot of worst hands, check on turn is for pot control. on the river i would bet small if blank came or call a small bet
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think both

1) bet/fold flop, c/f turn, c/f river

2) check behind flop, c/c turn, c/f river

are fine lines to take against unknowns.

Here you opponent seems rather passive, so i would likely use 1) because he will still call the flop with a worse pocket pair, and your flop c-bet will probably freeze the action to the point where you'll get to see a showdown cheaply afterward. You can probably bet the river small for value but since that guy would also play Ax that way, this isn't mandatory.

As played, I don't recommend taking a cb c/c c/c line unless you know your opponent is aggressive enough to try and bluff you for two streets when you check the flop. I think this guy often has Ax or better here given how passive he is, and was going for a c/c with it on the flop, but is now betting figuring he has to put money in if you don't.

Hope it helps.