Stack
      BB:
      $31,70
      MP3:
      $66,45
      Hero:
      $24,90

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , T:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, BB calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,85) A:spade: , 8:club: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2,50, BB calls $2,50, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($8,85) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($8,85) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $18,85

Few hands before villian played the same line on A high flop and when I checked behind turn he donked river and I fold with air.
  • 2 replies
    • BloodyB
      BloodyB
      Bronze
      nh, there is no point in floding on a river, becouse he can be bluffing there very often, after u checked the turn
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you believe he is going to donk out the river whether you bet the turn or not (like you've seen him do it before over and over again with decent hands) then your line is fine to keep the pot manageable, as it will prevent you from getting into an ugly spot on the river with your marginal top pair when he donks out after you bloated the pot on the turn. Of course once you check the turn you're never folding to that river bet.

If you don't have that read, or have seen him donk bluff the river before, i believe you're better off bet/folding the turn as there are still lots of hands that guy will call you again with, Ax, Jx, T9, broadways that just made a pair+gutshot type of hand, maybe even 8x and probably other hands with can't even imagine (he's 55/14 after all). You can probably check behind the river after that, especially if the river is a bad card connecting with everything. If he donks into you anyway this is tough, but with that guy's AF i think i would fold it unless i've seen him bluff that way before, in which case i would have known on the turn that i would have to c/c the river.

Hope it helps.