$11.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $11.10
      MP3:
      $9.20

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, BU folds, SB raises to $0.7, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.50) A, 7, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.50) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.50) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.50.

How should i play this hand?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Typically you want to have some idea on how SB is playing. What does he min3bet with ? If this is the first time you've seen him minraise this is somewhat suspicious and i recommend just calling in position. Fishes love to min3bet big hands to keep people in the pot, and if he has a worse hand than yours then not blowing him off it is also beneficial for you.

As played on the flop this is very likely that you have the best hand, betting the flop when he checks is definitely the way to go. He will call almost ALL his range here.

There is no reason to stop betting on the turn tho, he very rarely has 33/77/AA/AK here, and everything else he's bad enough to call two bets with, probably even three, so bet that turn 2/3 again and probably bet the river too. If the river is a club checking behind is fine too because flushdraws are definitely in his range, but i would expect him to donk out with those, and since he'll still call with worse Ax i would bet/fold it against that player.

Hope it helps.