This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Tptk Nl50 Sh

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Opponent 41/18/inf/ WTSD:29/ W$SD: 100 (2/2) , 22 hands

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (MP) ($51.25)
      Button ($51.25)
      SB ($28.45)
      BB ($64.15)
      UTG ($40.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, J
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 3, 9, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB calls $5.50

River: ($19.75) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $14.50, Hero ??

I got totally lost after his river donk and such a scary card ( completed flush and straight). Do i have enough odds to call ? Do these types of fishes play their made hands agrresivelly or they tend to slowplay, even when hit.
      What if he checks river, do i get value from betting ?
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think he often has you beat here. I don't think he's ever pulling a move here. He's just sincerely playing bad, c/c his draws and donking river when it hits. Or trying to slowplay something really big.

I think you can safely fold. If he'd checked, you can likely bet smallish, like $8 or something. You'll still get value from worse hands IMO. And you fold to a c/r obviously.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think he would play a J that way, so he's either bluffing or he has you beat. From a bad player this line isn't that surprising for stuff that beats you, and apart from maybe QT he doesn't really have many hands to turn into a bluff on that river. I'd also give him the pot, it's not worth the hero call in that situation.

Hope it helps.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      So i probably made a mistake, but won the hand.
      He had very very strange hand : 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You obviously can't put him on such hands until you've seen him do stuff like that, the flop call is atrocious. You can now make a note that he is a pathological calling station that bluffs air big on the river, and take a lot of money from him.

Hope it helps.