[NL20-NL50] Tptk Nl50 Sh

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Opponent 41/18/inf/ WTSD:29/ W$SD: 100 (2/2) , 22 hands

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (MP) ($51.25)
      Button ($51.25)
      SB ($28.45)
      BB ($64.15)
      UTG ($40.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, J
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 3, 9, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB calls $5.50

River: ($19.75) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $14.50, Hero ??

I got totally lost after his river donk and such a scary card ( completed flush and straight). Do i have enough odds to call ? Do these types of fishes play their made hands agrresivelly or they tend to slowplay, even when hit.
      What if he checks river, do i get value from betting ?
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think he often has you beat here. I don't think he's ever pulling a move here. He's just sincerely playing bad, c/c his draws and donking river when it hits. Or trying to slowplay something really big.

I think you can safely fold. If he'd checked, you can likely bet smallish, like $8 or something. You'll still get value from worse hands IMO. And you fold to a c/r obviously.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think he would play a J that way, so he's either bluffing or he has you beat. From a bad player this line isn't that surprising for stuff that beats you, and apart from maybe QT he doesn't really have many hands to turn into a bluff on that river. I'd also give him the pot, it's not worth the hero call in that situation.

Hope it helps.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      So i probably made a mistake, but won the hand.
      He had very very strange hand : 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You obviously can't put him on such hands until you've seen him do stuff like that, the flop call is atrocious. You can now make a note that he is a pathological calling station that bluffs air big on the river, and take a lot of money from him.

Hope it helps.